Pianist #103 PDF download. For the passionate players, or early beginners, Pianist PDF magazine will teach you the art of piano playing through professional advice, sheet music and lessons for all levels. Your piano playing journey starts here with the magazine that doubles as an entertaining read and the ultimate interactive piano teacher. Read, learn and play the piano with Pianist magazine every issue.
Pianist magazine PDF is adored internationally by those who have a passion for playing the piano. From Bach to Billy Joel, the magazine offers a wide range of music styles to learn from, as you don’t just read it - you play it too!
With PDF Pianist magazine you can expect nothing less than the very best when it comes to playing the instrument you love. You’ll have everything you need to play like an expert, including notes on technique, pedalling and interpretation, sheet music reviews, Q&As, teaching tips, in-depth ‘How to Play’ masterclasses, readers’ letters, piano news, interviews with top concert pianists and so much more!
Pianist #103 issue contents:
- Readers’ Letters. Inspired by Alkan and Abba, Debussy and Gade: your reactions to our recent Scores
- News. Three juries for one competition in Salzburg; the iPod Pharmacy opens in the UK
- First Person. Scarlatti, Tchaikovsky and competitions reconsidered by Federico Colli
- Pavel Kolesnikov. The Russian polymath who collects perfume and constructs his recitals like Japanese buildings
- How to Play Masterclass 1. How and when to memorise? Mark Tanner has the answers
- How to Play Masterclass 2. Alternative fingerings for scales and trills from Graham Fitch
- How to Play 1. Sonata form in miniature from the young Beethoven (Scores page 34) with Nils Franke
- How to Play 2. Give your wrists a work-out with Rachmaninov’s majestic C sharp minor Prelude and the guidance of Lucy Parham
- How to Play 3. Working in thirds on Burgmuller’s Petite reunion (Scores page 30) with Melanie Spanswick
- The Scores. Four excerpts from Schumann’s Kinderszenen, a classic Gershwin ballad and more
- Beginner Keyboard Class. Lesson No 30 with Hans-Gunter Heumann: Exercises for interchange between the hands
- Piano Teacher Help Desk. Persist with sight-reading, says Kathryn Page, and your pupils will become more rounded musicians
- How to Play Schumann’s Kinderszenen, introduced by Martin James Bartlett
- Learning Jazz Piano with Dave Jones: Introducing the blues, in the company of Herbie Hancock’s Watermelon Man
- Theory. Nigel Scaife begins to unravel the intricate, fascinating art of fugue
- Injuries – and how to avoid them. A leading surgeon discusses hand and finger problems with John Evans
- Amateur competitions. It’s not all Leeds and Van Cliburn: Warwick Thompson talks to a pair of outstanding pianists and medical professionals who compete for fun Look, no hands. Boris Giltburg tries out digital scores and page-turning software – with mixed results.
- CD Reviews. Giltburg’s blistering Rach 3, Alessio Bax’s ‘Emperor’ and Francesco Piemontesi’s Alpine tour
- Sheet Music. The new ABRSM syllabus reviewed, authoritative Beethoven and Chopin editions, and Einaudi for students
Text Format PDF, 96 pages