Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 9, Number 4
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 9, Number 4 PDF + Mp3 CD. May - June 2005. Flatpicking Guitar Magazine is a bi-monthly publication dedicated to helping guitar players, from beginner to expert, increase their proficiency flatpicking the acoustic guitar. Each issue contains comprehensive instruction on flatpicking techniques as pioneered by great guitarists such as Doc Watson, Clarence White, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, and Dan Crary. Instruction, sheet music and articles cover all musical genres including bluegrass, old-time, folk, Western swing, gypsy jazz, new acoustic music, and acoustic rock. You’ll also find interviews with top performers, including tablature of their favorite licks and breaks, as well as a wide variety of columns written by an impressive group of contributors. An optional companion CD which demonstrates the techniques described in each issue is also available.
Because the magazine focuses on instruction, you’ll want to hold onto each issue for future reference.
The audio CDs feature each of our columnists and/or artists playing the tunes that are transcribed in the magazine at both slow and fast speeds.
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 9, Number 4 contents:
- Keith Sewell: "Duncan Station"
- Goodall Guitars
- Playing Related Injuries
- Flatpick Profile: Brandon Bentley
- Molly Bloom - Craig Vance
- Flatpick Rhythm: Key Changes in Western Swing - Joe Carr
- Segment Your Practice Time - Dan Huckabee
- Maintenance & Repair - Frank Ford
- Kaufman's Corner: "Bye Bye Blues" - Steve Kaufman
- Adventures in Acoustic Music: Defining Chord Types - John Carlini
- Working the Mic - Chris Jones
- Nashville Flattop: Chicken Pickin' - Brad Davis
- Gypsy Jazz Guitar: "Minor Swing" Part III - Paul Mehling
- The O-Zone: "Pointe au Pic" - Orrin Star
- Moving Up the Neck: "Worried Man Blues" - Dan Miller
- You Are My Flower - Dix Bruce
- Music Theory: "Perpetual Motion" - Mike Maddux
- Gospel Guitar: "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence" - Harold Streeter
- Arcadian Melody - Bill Bay
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes: The Happy Traveler - Adam Granger
- Eclectic Acoustic: "The Man from Newry" - John McGann
- Paints a Picture, Don't It - Dan Crary
- CD Highlight: Alfonso Ponticelli—"Lito's Place"
Text Format PDF, 92 pages. Mp3 CD included.