Pianist #98 PDF download. For the passionate players, or early beginners, Pianist PDF magazine will teach you the art of piano playing through professional advice, sheet music and lessons for all levels. Your piano playing journey starts here with the magazine that doubles as an entertaining read and the ultimate interactive piano teacher. Read, learn and play the piano with Pianist magazine every issue.
Pianist magazine PDF is adored internationally by those who have a passion for playing the piano. From Bach to Billy Joel, the magazine offers a wide range of music styles to learn from, as you don’t just read it - you play it too!
With PDF Pianist magazine you can expect nothing less than the very best when it comes to playing the instrument you love. You’ll have everything you need to play like an expert, including notes on technique, pedalling and interpretation, sheet music reviews, Q&As, teaching tips, in-depth ‘How to Play’ masterclasses, readers’ letters, piano news, interviews with top concert pianists and so much more!
Pianist #98 issue contents:
- Casio’s digital initiatives; farewell to Lugano from Martha Argerich; Maryla Jonas reissued; a fresh perspective on Van Cliburn
- Lucas Debargue A Schubertian encounter in Verbier between Peter Quantrill and the mercurial French virtuoso
- How to Play Masterclass 1. Mark Tanner on good first impressions and finishing with a fluourish
- How to Play Masterclass 2. Graham Fitch explores techniques for playing faster
- How to Play 1. Refine your wrist technique with Melanie Spanswick’s guide to an attractive Minuet by Bertini
- How to Play 2. Janet Newman coaches your cantabile phrasing in a lovely Mozart Andante
- How to Play 3. Lucy Parham helps you to think like a flautist in Gluck’s ‘Dance of the Blessed Spirits’
- Composing Competition Win a Kawai digital piano worth 2,000! The winning score will be printed and recorded
- The Scores. A 40-page pull-out section of sheet music for all levels: includes a Chinese Doll, a rustic Musette, a turning Windmill and an erotic Meditation
- Beginner Keyboard Class. Hans-Gunter Heumann’s Lesson No 24: Exercises for articulation and evenness
- Ivan Ilic. The Serbian pianist moves on from Feldman to the wild world of Reicha
- Learning Jazz Piano with Dave Jones: welcoming Pianist’s new columnist
- Theory Form: a first look at the building blocks of music with Nigel Scaife
- Musical nicknames Who was the Elise of Fur Elise? What are the painful origins of the Castration Capriccio? John Evans tells all
- Okiem. The ‘cinematic classical’ pianist on touring Russia and letting the ideas flow
- Composing: a beginner’s guide John Kember outlines some essentials, from a soft pencil to a sharp ear
- Birmingham Conservatoire. Warwick tHompson gets a hard-hat tour of a cutting-edge home for student pianists
- Pleyel. How the special sonorities of this French manufacturer’s pianos were instrumental to Chopin’s imagination
- CD Reviews. My favourite things: Angela Hewitt’s Scarlatti, a jazz-Stravinsky fusion and a Sound of Music transcription
Text Format PDF, 88 pages