Guitar Techniques July 2021
Guitar Techniques July 2021 PDF. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques July 2021 (#323) contents:
- Get Gig Ready. Chops away! With live shows back on the agenda your chops may need reviving. Richard Barrett’s lesson is designed to pep up every important area of your playing, ready to hit the stage.
- The Crossroads. Symmetrical Connections. John Wheatcroft shows how players such as Oz Noy use the Melodic Minor scale to make ‘symmetrical connections’ over Dom7 chords.
- Leo Delibes. Coppelia Waltz. Bridget Mermikides arranges a lovely piece by the composer of the famous Flower Duet.
- Lessons Introduction. Senior music editor Jason Sidwell introduces this month’s brim-full lessons section.
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Johnny Marr, Lindsey Buckingham, Prince, Eric Clapton, John Scofield, Richie Kotzen.
- Blues. Phil Short checks out how the fantastic style of Canadian blues-rock firebrand, Pat Travers.
- Rock. Martin Cooper checks out the pioneering approach of grunge royalty, Soundgarden.
- Shred! Charlie Griffiths brings you five great licks from the Swedish giant of shred, Yngwie Malmsteen.
- Jazz. Mike Stern continues his new series showing how he uses Altered scales and outside notes.
- Brit Rock. Simon Barnard examines the retro sound of Carl Barat and Pete Docherty of The Libertines.
- Shaun's Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter continues his series on how specific note combinations can enhance your playing. This month: Compound Intervals.
- Alex Still. Video Masterclass. This startling fusion player plays and explains a solo on Jason Sidwell’s track, Wipe The Slate.
- Rhythm Roost. Electro rock. Use your bridge pickup and an overdriven tone for this month’s Rhythm Roost, with Jason.
Text Format PDF, 85 pages.