Guitar World Acoustic June 2007
Guitar World Acoustic June 2007 PDF download. Guitar World Acoustic brings the best in acoustic guitar music six times each year. You get in-depth interviews with the latest chart makers, lessons on the playing of legendary acoustic performers like Paul Simon, Neil Young and Willie Nelson, gear reviews and much more. Plus, each issue includes complete transcriptions of new and classic songs. Here you’re getting a vintage magazine back issue with great guitar transcriptions, really interesting articles and useful information, along with some of the coolest full page color ads. Acoustic guitar transcriptions.
Guitar World Acoustic June 2007 contents:
- First Stringers: Fountains of Wayne, Golden Smog, Tommy Ramone, Brandi Carlile, John Butler Trio and more.
- Patti Smith. The punk icon joins old friend and colleague guitarist Lenny Kaye to chat about Twelve, her new album of cover tunes.
- Vetiver's Andy Cabic, a leading light in the "freak folk" movement, reflects on his band's rise to prominence, his close musical and personal ties to Devendra Banhart - and why he loathes the term "freak folk".
- Tom Morello. The man who rose to prominence for his hard rock guitar wizardry with Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave is also the Nightwatchman, an acoustic guitar-strumming champion of everyday people. Morello talks about his alter ego's new album, and gives up the latest on the status of his two former bands.
- Bright Eyes. Conor Oberst talks about his new album, the acoustic guitar, and his firm belief that the world is about to end.
- Lucinda Williams. Learn why alt-country's goddess of gloom is so happy about her latest album, West.
- Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- The Mamas and the Papas - California Dreamin'
- Nickelback - If Everyone Cared
- Bach - Prelude, BWV 999
- Make Room for DADGAD with Laurence Juber. Irish Bars. Turlough O'Carolan's "Sheebeg and Sheemore"
- The Jazz Box with Adam Perlmutter. Precious Gem. A pianistic arrangement of Thelonious Monk's "Ruby My Dear"
- Basic Training with Keith Wyatt. Scaling the Heights. Creating Harmonies Within the Major Scale.
- Unplugging with Jimmy Brown. Siren Song. The Police's "Every Breath You Take," arranged for acoustic guitar.
- New gear
- Last licks. Heard any good requinto jarochos lately? How about a bajo sexto? You would've, had you seen Los Lobos do their traditional Mexican thing on tour this winter.
Text Format PDF, 101 pages