Guitar Techniques Spring 2019
Guitar Techniques Spring 2019 PDF and Mp3 CD download. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques Spring 2019 (#294) contents:
- Stronger, Faster, Better. 10 brilliant mini workouts. Build playing strength, improve picking, fretting, bends and speed, increasing accuracy and eliminating sloppiness over time.
- Tommy Emmanuel Video - Thumbpicking masterclass. The Australian acoustic superstar brings us an inspiring video lesson that gets right to the heart of his thumbpicking basics. You will want to try.
- Antonin Dvorak. Songs My Mother Taught Me. Bridget arranges Dvorak’s take on the Czech folk song, as covered by artists diverse as Joan Sutherland, Julian Lloyd Webber and Yo Yo Ma!
- Lessons Introduction. Jason talks about how blues and jazz are closer cousins than we probably think..
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Pat Heath has six new licks,from easy to advanced.The gauntlett is thrown down.
- Blues. Ronan McCullagh looks at the classic-meets-modern style of the wonderful Robert Cray.
- Rock. Martin Cooper examines the melodic rock of ManiStreePreachers’ James Dean Bradfield.
- Jazz. John Wheatcroft continues his new series with a lesson on how to play over major II-V-I changes.
- Acoustic. Stuart Ryan brings you a sister feature to this month’s Jazz column, as he conjurs up a delightful jazzy acoustic blues.
- Psychedelic. Simon Barnard returns to the heady 60s to tackle the legendary style of Jimi Hendrix.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter wants to up your game with a lesson on mid-paced Mixolydian soloing.
- Fretboard Fluency. Martin Goulding looks deeper into developing arpeggios using the the Melodic Minor scale.
- In The Woodshed. Charlie Griffiths has a super lesson on mixing all types of harmonic with fretted notes.
- Exclusive Video! Allen Hinds Solos Over... Secret Beginnings. Check out a stupendous clean-toned Les Paul Custom solo from Allen over a Metheny-esque jazz ballad from Jason: Secret Beginnings.
Text Format PDF, 99 pages. Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson included.