Guitar Techniques October 2015
Guitar Techniques October 2015 PDF and Mp3 CD download. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques October 2015 (#248) contents:
- Sort out your picking. Most guitarists say picking is their weakest point. Phil Capone's guide will have your alternate picking fast and fluent in no time!
- The Knack - My Sharona. Jon Bishop transcribes one of the 70s' most infectious rock hits. It's powered by a great guitar riff and packed with great solos to play!
- Parallel Worlds - Major and minor. Major and minor worlds offer a fascinating study in music theory and harmony. Milton Mermikides clears the murky waters!
- J S BACH - Prelude In D Minor. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes another of the great man's Preludes for solo classical guitar. Nails filed and polished?
- Blues. Les Davidson looks at one of the last genuine original blues heroes - the amazing Buddy Guy.
- Rock. Martin Cooper uncovers the style of a true rock guitar god - the uniquely brilliant Brian May.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter says methodically examining three-note groupings can expand your playing.
- Chops shop. Andy Saphir delivers some tasty jazzy-blues Mixolydian licks over a G7 to C7 change.
- Hard Rock. Charlie Griffiths continues his new series by examining a player who moved rock guitar into a new era - the awesome Eddie Van Halen.
- Jazz. John Wheatcroft introduces the criminally undersung jazz guitar great, Ted Greene.
- Acoustic. Stuart Ryan delves into the laconic acoustic fingerstyle playing of the great John Lennon.
- Music reading. Charlie Griffiths continues his series with a Steve Lukather style music reading piece.
- Video Masterclass. Nigel Price, Part 2. This incredible jazzer blasts through changes in devastating style. Learn how he does it!
Text Format PDF, 100 pages. Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.