Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 4, Number 5
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 4, Number 5 PDF + Mp3 CD. July - August 2000. Flatpicking Guitar Magazine is a bi-monthly publication dedicated to helping guitar players, from beginner to expert, increase their proficiency flatpicking the acoustic guitar. Each issue contains comprehensive instruction on flatpicking techniques as pioneered by great guitarists such as Doc Watson, Clarence White, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, and Dan Crary. Instruction, sheet music and articles cover all musical genres including bluegrass, old-time, folk, Western swing, gypsy jazz, new acoustic music, and acoustic rock. You’ll also find interviews with top performers, including tablature of their favorite licks and breaks, as well as a wide variety of columns written by an impressive group of contributors. An optional companion CD which demonstrates the techniques described in each issue is also available.
Because the magazine focuses on instruction, you’ll want to hold onto each issue for future reference.
The audio CDs feature each of our columnists and/or artists playing the tunes that are transcribed in the magazine at both slow and fast speeds.
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 4, Number 5 contents:
- Scott Nygaard
- Flatpick Profile: Betsy Rome
- The Merrill Guitar Company
- The Pioneer Flatpicking of Don Reno
- Jam Tunes: "Golden Eagle Hornpipe"
- Masters of Rhythm Guitar: Ranger Doug
- Bonaparte's Retreat - Craig Vance
- Beginner's Page: Fast Rhythm - Dan Huckabee
- Flatpicking Rhythm: Josh White - Joe Carr
- Maintenance & Repair - Frank Ford
- Flatpicking & Folk/Acoustic Rock - John Tindel
- Kaufman's Corner: "Tami" - Steve Kaufman
- Nashville Flat Top: Lick Library - Brad Davis
- Break Time: "Leaning On" - Chris Jones
- The O-Zone: "Lonesome Fiddle Blues" - Orrin Star
- The Delmore's: "Blue Railroad Train" - Dix Bruce
- Music Theory: Mastering the Fingerboard - Mike Maddux
- Gospel Guitar: "I Am A Pilgrim" - Harold Streeter
- New Tunes For Flatpicking: "Eleven Mile Canyon" - Bill Bay
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes: "Forky Deer" - Adam Granger
- Exploring Bluegrass Guitar: Thinking About Rhythm - Steve Pottier
- Eclectic Acoustic: "The Long Campaign" - John McGann
- New Release Highlight: Robert Shafer
Text Format PDF, 84 pages. Mp3 CD included.