Bass Player January - February 1991
Bass Player January - February 1991 PDF. Bass Player is a monthly magazine which was founded in 1989. The magazine is dedicated to providing information for bass players. The publication provides equipment reviews, instructional lessons for bass players, interviews with well known and up and coming bass artists, and music just for bass guitar. Tutorials and lessons for bass players in Bass Player Magazine PDF include learning different music styles and songs.
Bursting with the latest news from the bass community, showcasing the ‘great and less-great work’ of a bass star and interviews with bass players. Perfect for beginner and advanced level players, you’ll find helpful lessons in every issue of Bass Player to improve your technique. You’ll also find reviews of the latest gear to upgrade your kit to the best on the market. Bringing you the latest product reviews, news and updates from the bass community, you’ll find everything from genuine rock and jazz to metal and funk bass features.
Bass Player January - February 1991 contents:
- Jaco Pastorius. A special section with an exclusive preview of a new biography by Bill Milkowski, a transcription of Jaco's unaccompanied solo “Amerika," and a discography of 25 essential recordings. Plus: A new portrait of Jaco by his brother Gregory, an open letter from the Estate of John Francis Pastorius III, and more
- Billy Gould. The bassist from the red-hot band Faith No More divides his time between playing music and studying crime. By Karl Coryat
- Marc Johnson. Thirteen years ago, he was hired by the great pianist Bill Evans, launching his career as one of the most respected acoustic bassists in jazz. Today, Johnson is a busy sideman and leader. By Jim Roberts
- Music Man Factory Tour. A look inside the Ernie Ball plant in San Luis Obispo, California, where Music Man basses are produced with a combination of modern technology and painstaking handwork. By Paul Haggard
- Jaco Bass Giveaway. Win n limited-edition Jaco Signature Bass crafted by Fender’s Custom Shop lor Bass Centre!
- Talent Competition. Send us your tape, and you could win a complete rig by Warwick Bass/Trare Elliot!
- Victor Wooten. Funk innovator with Bela Fleck & the Flocktones
- Mark Helias. New York's cutting-edge acoustic master
- Bass in the Military. Land a gig with Uncle Sam
- Fender Vintage '62 Jazz Bass. Roger Sadowsky compares it to an original pre-CBS Jazz
- Gallien-Krueger 1200CEB combo amp
- Charvel Eliminator Bass
- DigiTech BHM-4 Bass Harmony Machine
- Dave LaRue - Starting Out
- Rich Appleman - Theory
- Chuck Rainey - Improvisation
- Randy Jackson - Pop Bass
- Steve Rodby - Modern Acoustic
- Rick Turner - Bass Tech
- Anthony Jackson - Artistry
Text Format PDF, 84 pages.