Pianist #115 PDF download. For the passionate players, or early beginners, Pianist PDF magazine will teach you the art of piano playing through professional advice, sheet music and lessons for all levels. Your piano playing journey starts here with the magazine that doubles as an entertaining read and the ultimate interactive piano teacher. Read, learn and play the piano with Pianist magazine every issue.
Pianist magazine PDF is adored internationally by those who have a passion for playing the piano. From Bach to Billy Joel, the magazine offers a wide range of music styles to learn from, as you don’t just read it - you play it too!
With PDF Pianist magazine you can expect nothing less than the very best when it comes to playing the instrument you love. You’ll have everything you need to play like an expert, including notes on technique, pedalling and interpretation, sheet music reviews, Q&As, teaching tips, in-depth ‘How to Play’ masterclasses, readers’ letters, piano news, interviews with top concert pianists and so much more!
Pianist #115 issue contents:
- Composing Competition 2021. Find out how to enter, plus read Alexis Ffrench’s top composing tips
- Mariam Batsashvili. The modest Georgian pianist on the influence of her first teacher and falling in love with Liszt
- How to Play Masterclass 1. Is slow practice really the answer to every pianistic issue? Not always, says Mark Tanner
- How to Play Masterclass 2. Graham Fitch demonstrates how you can bring structure to your daily practice regime
- The Story Behind Ave Maria. Peter Quantrill delves into the history of one of the most divine melodies ever written
- How to Play 1. Chordal balance is crucial in Maykapar's atmospheric Long Road, says Melanie Spanswick
- How to Play 2. Nils Franke takes us on a journey through one of Liszt’s most reworked melodies in his Notturno No 2
- How to Play 3. A lilting tempo will bring Liadov’s shimmering Barcarolle to life, says Lucy Parham (Scores p58)
- Beginner Keyboard Class Lesson 42: Rhythmic accuracy
- The Scores. A heavenly Ave Maria duet arrangement, a summery Grieg Lyric Piece, a moving Beethoven Adagio and a Bach-inspired Hensel Prelude
- Piano Teacher Help Desk. As teachers, how do we remain creatively charged? Kathryn Page says a little bit of roleplay goes a long way
- Angela Hewitt. The queen of Bach talks to Erica Worth about receiving the Wigmore Medal
- Five Technical Myths. Don’t believe everything you hear, says Alisdair Hogarth
- A Day in the Life Of Dominic Ferris. The starry pianist starts out with a calm cup of coffee, but then it’s all go
- A Tuner’s Perspective. What to look for in a piano tuner
- Philip Fowke at 70. The recently retired British pianist shares some treasured memories from an illustrious career
- Album Reviews. A Schumann feast from Yeol Eum Son, dreamy Faure from Louis Lortie, and hair-raising Alkan from Mark Viner
- Sheet Music Reviews. The much-anticipated new ABRSM syllabus, Norwegian magic from Ola Gjeilo, plus music inspired by ancient modes of transport
Text Format PDF, 104 pages