Guitar Techniques Spring 2012
Guitar Techniques Spring 2012 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK's foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT's Abba to Zappa policy means that there's always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques Spring 2012 (#203) contents:
- Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil. For this most iconic track we tabbed the piano part to reflect the band's live versions, plus all those head-slicing Keef licks too. Enjoy!
- The Smiths - William It Was Really Nothing. Jon Bishop went to great lengths to get his Johnny Marr parts dead right. With acoustic and electric both tabbed, this is the ultimate!
- Gabriel Faure - Pavane. Bridget arranges and transcribes a haunting tune that you'll definitely want to learn!
- Frederic Chopin - Etude8, Op.10. Paul Bielatowicz has a tapping fest to end all tapping fests this month. Be very afraid...
- 4 op altered tunings to transform your playing. Follow this lesson's examples and you really can open new doors for you and your guitar.
- Lessons Introduction. Jason Sidwell welcomes you to this month's packed to the gunnells lessons section.
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more great licks in easy, intermediate and advanced levels from Scott McGill.
- Blues - John Wheatcroft looks at a blues-rock genius, the tragically short-lived Tommy Bolin.
- Rock - Martin Cooper examines the style of a man whose band has just released a fantastic comeback album - the awesome Eddie Van H.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter continues with creative ways to solo over major chords - this month it's how to play pentatonics over a major 7 tonality.
- Perfect Pentatonics. Manuel Ahlqvist shows how players like Robben Ford sweeten up their playing by use of the Dorian pentatonic scale.
- Jazz - Pete Callard looks at ways to make your chords playing sound fresh and exciting by the use of gorgeous sounding open-voiced 7ths.
- Acoustic - Fancy some blackberry pie? Stuart rounds off his bluegrass series with Blackberry Blossom.
- Rockschool - Charlie Griffiths with major pentatonic ideas.
- Video Masterclass. Allen Hinds Part 2. More fabulous slide playing and advice from this most tasteful and exciting guitarist...
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques April 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques May 2012
Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.
Text Format PDF, 99 pages