Guitar Techniques May 2012
Guitar Techniques May 2012 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK's foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT's Abba to Zappa policy means that there's always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques May 2012 (#204) contents:
- Electric Guitar Pioneers. Lonnie Johnson, T-Bone Walker, Charlie Christian & Les Paul. Jon Bishop looks at four incredible guitarists who changed the course of musical history!
- Thin Lizzy - Cold Sweat. Paul Bielatowicz takes a break from classical shredding to come up with the ultimate transcription of a Thin Lizzy rocking classic!
- Pachelbel - Canon. Bridget presents a popular classical number that'll be great for your solo repertoire!
- Handel - The Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba. Here's Paul again with another shredfest featuring this legendary Handel tune.
- Lessons Introduction. The Duke of Sidwell introduces this month's guitartastic lessons section!
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six fabulous licks in easy, intermediate and advanced levels from Scott McGill.
- Blues - Jacob Quistgaard examines the down-to-earth playing of The White Stripes' Jack White.
- Rock - Martin Cooper takes on the unmistakable art rock style of Oxford's finest - Radiohead.
- Creative Rock - This month Shaun Baxter dons a green face, pointed hat and Flying V shaped broom to put the 'hex' in hexatonic.
- Perfect Pentatonics - Manuel Ahlqvist introduces the Lydian dominant pentatonic scale as used by the mighty John McLaughlin.
- Jazz - Finger Bustin' Chords! "If you ain't cryin' you ain't tryin'!- says the Marquis de Callard as he stretches our fretting fingers on the rack!
- Acoustic - Stuart's final bluegrass lesson is a finger twister based on last issue's Blackberry Blossom.
- Rockschool - Charlie Griffiths shows what you can dо with the harmonised major scale.
- Video Masterclass. Allen Hinds Part 3. More great playing and advice from this most tasteful and exciting guitarist...
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques Spring 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques June 2012
Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.
Text Format PDF, 100 pages