Guitar Techniques September 2012
Guitar Techniques September 2012 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK's foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT's Abba to Zappa policy means that there's always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques September 2012 (#208) contents:
- Stevie Ray Vaughan - Mary Had A Little Lamb. Learn this fabulous track from Stevie's still fabulous album Texas Flood. All the rhythm and lead licks fully tabbed by Steve Allsworth.
- Hybrid Picking With Guthrie Govan. Fear not! This feature is for everyone, at every level, and will show you why so many great players favour the pick and fingers approach.
- Erik Satie Gnossienne No. 1. You might not know the name but you'll almost certainly recognise the piece - tabbed beautifully as always by Bridget Mermikides.
- Antonio Vivaldi - Spring. Paul Bielatowicz begins a series transcribing Vivaldi's Four Seasons suite for shred style guitar. He begins with the evocative Spring.
- Lessons Introduction. Jason Sidwell gives the lowdown on this month's gut-busting lessons section.
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six diverse licks in easy, intermediate and advanced flavours from Scott McGill.
- Blues - Jacob Quistgaard underlines the Texas nature of this issue with a look at Johnny Winter's incredible playing through the years.
- Rock - Martin Cooper gets up to date with Mark Tremonti's kicking rock band Alter Bridge.
- Creative Rock - Shaun Baxter begins a new series-within-a-series by examining specific technique issues.
- Hot Country Lead. Andy Saphir delves into the style of perhaps the most recorded guitarist of the last 20 years - Nashville's session king Brent Mason.
- Jazz - Pete Callard returns with a fond homage to a tasteful master of jazz guitar, Herb Ellis.
- Acoustic - Stuart Ryan has new arrangements of standard pieces in folk, Celtic and other traditional acoustic styles. This month, Shenandoah.
- Rockschool - Charlie Griffiths describes how to get the best out of the dreamy Lydian mode.
- Video Masterclass. Alessandro Puddu. Fancy learning the slap guitar style of Tosin Abasi and Regi Wooten? Then watch this!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques August 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques October 2012
Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.
Text Format PDF, 100 pages