Guitar Techniques November 2014
Guitar Techniques November 2014 PDF and Mp3 CD download. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques November 2014 (#236) contents:
- Your Ultimate Blues Workout. John Wheatcroft's guide will prepare you for any upcoming blues gig, recording date or jam. No deal with the devil required...
- Django Reinhardt - Nuages. John Wheatcroft transcribes this fantastic Gypsy jazz tune from the all-time master of this amazing style, Django Reinhardt.
- Using Passing Chords. Spice up your rhythm! Jon Bishop presents five different examples of how to incorporate passing chords into your progressions for a more professional sound.
- Bizet - Habanera. Bridget Mermikides tames the rebellious bird that is this beautiful and instantly recognisable aria from Carmen for solo classical guitar.
- Blues. John Wheatcroft examines SRV's fiery blues.
- Rock. Martin Cooper explores the stadium rock of Kings Of Leon.
- Video. Classical guitarist Carlos Bonell presents the first in a series of videos on classical techniques.
- Creative rock. Shaun Baxter on how to create your own neoclassical rock rhythm guitar parts.
- Chops shop. Andy Saphir looks at legato Major Pentatonics in his series on technique fundamentals.
- British R&B. Phil Capone checks out the Spencer Davis Group's precociously giften Steve Winwood.
- Jazz. Pete Callard tabs some cool licks from more of Blue Note's legendary jazz artists.
- Acoustic. Stuart Ryan examines the varied and wonderful acoustic style of Sir Paul McCartney.
- Music Reading. Charlie Griffiths continues his 14-part series on reading music notation. This issue: leger lines.
- Carlos Bonell Part 1. Classical guitarist Carlos Bonell explores classical technique. This issue: free stroke and rest stroke.
Text Format PDF, 100 pages. Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.