Guitar Techniques January 2016
Guitar Techniques January 2016 PDF and Mp3 CD download. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques January 2016 (#251) contents:
- The Bluesbreakers' Clapton, Green and Taylor. Learn what made these three giants of British blues guitar so special, with 15 great licks and three authentic solos to learn.
- Pat Metheny - Have You Heard. Jon Bishop tackles this amazing track from the stunning jazz-fusion guitarist. Tab of the complete melody, a staggering solo and full band backing track for your playing pleasure.
- Pentatonic Bootcamp Part 2. Blues-rock workout. Learn how Pentatonics work in a variety of styles, keys and positions on the neck. Think you know it well? Bet you don't know all this!
- Francisco Tarrega - Capricho Arabe. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes a beautiful piece from one of classical guitar's foremost performers and composers.
- Blues. Les Davidson reveals the guitar style of an authentic blues master, the great Robert Cray.
- Rock. Martin Cooper investigates the playing of 70s chart rock band, Bad Company.
- Creative rock. Shaun Baxter continues his look at three-notes-per-string Pentatonic playing.
- Chord Camp. In part two of his new series, Iain Scott explains how sus2 and sus4 chords work.
- Hard Rock. Charlie Griffiths unravels the 'hard rock with a bluesy twist' style of Bon Jovi's fantastic guitarist and co-frontman, Richie Sambora.
- Jazz. John Wheatcroft introduces a modern legato-loving jazz guitar wizard: Tim Miller.
- Acoustic. Stuart Ryan dissects and explains the typically American fingerpicking style of legendary West Coast songwriter Jackson Browne.
- Music Reading. Charlie Griffiths gets a little funky this month with a Michael Jackson-style reading piece.
- Video Masterclass. Allen Hinds, part 1. In the first instalment of an exclusive series, this smooth LA soloist shares his playing secrets.
Text Format PDF, 100 pages. Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.