Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 6, Number 3
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 6, Number 3 PDF + Mp3 CD. March - April 2002. Flatpicking Guitar Magazine is a bi-monthly publication dedicated to helping guitar players, from beginner to expert, increase their proficiency flatpicking the acoustic guitar. Each issue contains comprehensive instruction on flatpicking techniques as pioneered by great guitarists such as Doc Watson, Clarence White, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, and Dan Crary. Instruction, sheet music and articles cover all musical genres including bluegrass, old-time, folk, Western swing, gypsy jazz, new acoustic music, and acoustic rock. You’ll also find interviews with top performers, including tablature of their favorite licks and breaks, as well as a wide variety of columns written by an impressive group of contributors. An optional companion CD which demonstrates the techniques described in each issue is also available.
Because the magazine focuses on instruction, you’ll want to hold onto each issue for future reference.
The audio CDs feature each of our columnists and/or artists playing the tunes that are transcribed in the magazine at both slow and fast speeds.
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 6, Number 3 contents:
- Django Reinhardt
- Django's Heirs
- Flatpicking Profile: Paul Mehling
- Jam Tunes: Wyatt Rice & "Minor Swing"
- Dell'Arte Instruments
- Django On The Web
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Craig Vance
- Flatpick Rhythm: "Tea For Two" - Joe Carr
- Maintenance & Repair: Selmar Jazz Guitars - Frank Ford
- Folk & Acoustic Rock: "Me and My Guitar" - John Tindal
- Kaufman's Corner: "Paper Moon" - Steve Kaufman
- Adventures in Acoustic Music: Django! - John Carlini
- Nashville Flat Top: "Cabernet" - Brad Davis
- The O-Zone: "Stumble" - Orrin Star
- Dinah - Dix Bruce
- Music Theory: Mastering the Fingerboard - Mike Maddux
- New Tunes For Flatpicking: "Heebie Jeebie" - Bill Bay
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes: Folded Scales - Adam Granger
- Carence White Classics: "Farewell Blues" - Steve Pottier
- Eclectic Acoustic "Django's Castle" - John McGann
- New Release Highlight: Pearl Django
Text Format PDF, 88 pages. Mp3 CD included.