Guitar Techniques December 2006
Jan 05 2017
Guitar Techniques December 2006 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! Future Music brings you the most in-depth news and reviews from respected industry professionals. We’ll also give you all the advice you need to get the most from your current set-up, and interviews with musicians at the cutting-edge of technology.
Guitar Techniques December 2006 contents:
- The Eagles: Life In The Fast Lane. Twin Guitar Assault! This month Jamie Humphries looks at the stunning dual guitar work from Don Felder and Joe Walsh in this funky classic from one of rock’s most revered and legendary bands – The Eagles!
- The Derek Trucks Band: Joyful Noise. Heavenly slides.
- 20 Country licks you need to know.
- Robert Cray Style. Video may well have killed the radio star in the ‘8os, says John Wheatcroft, but we had Stevie Ray and this month’s featured artist, Robert Cray to save us from electronic humdrum
- Rocking The Bagpipes. Hitting the high road, Jonny Scaramanga travels north, discovers a big country and gets six-string inspiration from an unexpected source.
- Van Halen Style. One of the most important lead guitarists of the past three decades is also one of the finest rhythm players. Jon Bishop puts his tapping finger away to look at the rhythm style of one Edward Van Halen…
- The Nashville Numbers. How about a unique number system to learn and play songs? Once mastered, you can transpose in an instant. Dario Cortese gets busy with the maths…
- Mammoth Tones. debuting with a new series on modern metal, Martin Goulding examines the playing of a band that named itself after a tusked mammal from the Pleistocene Epoch. Rock on!
- The Devil’s Scale… Discover some of music’s sinful delights and wicked ways as Shaun Baxter enters the mysterious world of the Devil’s Interval. Be afraid… be very afraid!
- Altered Scale. Pete Callard continues his exploration of the modes of the Melodic Minor with a look at one of the key scales in jazz – the Altered Scale.
- Albert Lee Masterclass. Continuing his exclusive video masterclass, Lee Hodgson treets us to a second helping from the father of country picking, the one and only Albert Lee.
- Michael Hedges Style. Every so often a guitarist emerges whose approach is so unique that he re-define things for the next generation. This month Stuart Ryan examines the amazing Michael Hedges.
- Come On Everybody! This month Neville Marten looks at one of rock’n’roll’s most tragic early losses – the multi-talented, blond-haired, charismatic, Gretsch-wielding boy from Minnesota, Eddie Cochran
Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lessons included
Text Format PDF, 66 pages