Guitar Techniques April 2002
Guitar Techniques April 2002 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK's foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT's Abba to Zappa policy means that there's always something for everyone! Future Music brings you the most in-depth news and reviews from respected industry professionals. We'll also give you all the advice you need to get the most from your current set-up, and interviews with musicians at the cutting-edge of technology.
Guitar Techniques April 2002 contents:
- Red Hot Metal Licks - Any aspiring Metal God needs fast licks, evil licks, clever licks and more. Happily, Guthrie Govan has a bag full. And, yes, these ones go to II...
- AC/DC Riff Raff - A high-energy dose of rock'n'roll guitar mayhem that will help hone your licks and rhythm chops
- Blues Fingerpicking - Fingerpicked blues is older than God's blind dog. Willie. So here are some licks in the style of Robert Johnson and JLH to get you barking
- Country thirds & sixths - This month we look at how to liven up your solos with classic country-influenced thirds and sixths...
- Metal arpeggios - A bite-size look at alternative chords for heavy rock rhythm guitar
- Francisco Molino: prelude in A minor - A short piece this month, packed with ideas and technique tips. So get your guts out and start liting
- Led Zeppelin: black mountain side - We look at a classic acoustic rock track this month, with a dissection of Jimmy's Page's spinted DADGAD tune "Black Mountain Side"
- Metallica: Overkill - In this lesson, we dissent Metallica's frenzied assault on the Motorhead classic "Overkill"
- Neo classical rock soloing - Be bold, be brave and tap like a plumber possessed. Dave K's here to trade WC for NC and make sure you don't spring a leak
- 12 classic rock licks - Now we've learned our scales and practised various techniques, let's put it all together with some classic licks from rock's greatest players...
- Standard soloing - Here we offer a few ideas on how to solo through the classic "Stella By Starlight" progression
- Stacking tapping Guthrie Govan - Some judicious hammer-ons and tapping can make an ordinary pentatonic lick leap higher than a frisky salmon. Practice slowly at first and gradually build up your speed...
- Van Halen: Panama - Time to indulge your closet '80s riffing and tapping fetishes. Give in to Lord Ed and his spiffing spandex
Original CD mp3 Tracks included
Text Format PDF, 68 pages