Pianist #82 PDF download. February - March 2015. For the passionate players, or early beginners, Pianist PDF magazine will teach you the art of piano playing through professional advice, sheet music and lessons for all levels. Your piano playing journey starts here with the magazine that doubles as an entertaining read and the ultimate interactive piano teacher. Read, learn and play the piano with Pianist magazine every issue.
Pianist magazine PDF is adored internationally by those who have a passion for playing the piano. From Bach to Billy Joel, the magazine offers a wide range of music styles to learn from, as you don’t just read it - you play it too!
With PDF Pianist magazine you can expect nothing less than the very best when it comes to playing the instrument you love. You’ll have everything you need to play like an expert, including notes on technique, pedalling and interpretation, sheet music reviews, Q&As, teaching tips, in-depth ‘How to Play’ masterclasses, readers’ letters, piano news, interviews with top concert pianists and so much more!
Pianist #82 issue contents:
- Reader Competition. Win the new all-Schumann CD from Boris Giltburg
- News. Dame Fanny Waterman steps down, Rubinstein Competition winner makes London debut, Tim Stein on bringing out inner melodies and more
- I t’s All About Piano! The immersive and imaginative piano festival returns to London in March (and you can win tickets to the opening concert)
- Boris Giltburg. He might have taken his time to get there, but the Israeli pianist is now at the top. Jessica Duchen talks to him about Schumann, memorising and learning from the critics
- How to Play Masterclass 1. Mark Tanner on perfecting your Romantic pianism
- How to Play Masterclass 2. Graham Fitch on controlling tone in loud and soft playing
- How to Play 1. Melanie Spanswick on Bach’s Minuet in B minor
- How to Play 2. Janet Newman on Schumann’s ‘Abschied
- How to Play 3. Lucy Parham on Brahms’s Capriccio op 76 no 1
- Composing Competition. Enter our composing competition with a creative arrangement of your favourite piece and you could be featured in Pianist!
- The Scores. A pullout section of 40 pages of sheet music for all levels
- Beginner Keyboard Class. Hans-Gunter Heumann’s Lesson No 10: The Romantic Period
- Joan Havill. Past pupils such as Paul Lewis pay homage to the legendary teacher who is celebrating 35 years at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- Brahms and the piano. John Evans tells the story of Brahms, a Romantic composer caught between the restraints of the past and the freedom of expression offered by the future
- Starting Over. It’s never too late to return to the piano, says Inge Kjemtrup, who speaks to re-starters about the joys of coming back to the piano after years away
- Lights, Camera, Action! Ever thought of videoing your playing? You’ll improve your playing immeasurably, says Alisdair Hogarth, who shows you how simple it is to make your own video using minimum kit
- How history shaped the piano. From revolution to railways, we look at ten important historical events that contributed to creating the modern piano we know today
- CD Review. Marc-Andre Hamelin’s Debussy shimmers, while Khatia Buniatishvili shows her sensitive side and Konstanin Scherbakov gets his fingers round a fiery Godowsky
- Sheet Music Review Lang Lang’s new piano method books from Faber, more sight-reading from ABRSM, plus a touching Paderewski tribute, Ginastera, Rachmaninov and more
Text Format PDF, 90 pages