Pianist #118 PDF download. For the passionate players, or early beginners, Pianist PDF magazine will teach you the art of piano playing through professional advice, sheet music and lessons for all levels. Your piano playing journey starts here with the magazine that doubles as an entertaining read and the ultimate interactive piano teacher. Read, learn and play the piano with Pianist magazine every issue.
Pianist magazine PDF is adored internationally by those who have a passion for playing the piano. From Bach to Billy Joel, the magazine offers a wide range of music styles to learn from, as you don’t just read it - you play it too!
With PDF Pianist magazine you can expect nothing less than the very best when it comes to playing the instrument you love. You’ll have everything you need to play like an expert, including notes on technique, pedalling and interpretation, sheet music reviews, Q&As, teaching tips, in-depth ‘How to Play’ masterclasses, readers’ letters, piano news, interviews with top concert pianists and so much more!
Pianist #118 issue contents:
- A tribute to Dame Fanny. Editor Erica Worth takes a look back at the extraordinary life of the late Dame Fanny Waterman
- Alexandre Kantorow. The Moscow Gold Medallist opens up about the life-changing influence of his teacher, and his adoration for all things Brahms
- How to Play Masterclass 1. A kinder approach is needed when building up our stamina at the piano, says Mark Tanner
- How to Play Masterclass 2. Graham Fitch addresses the technical difficulties in three of this issue’s Scores
- How to Play 1. Melanie Spanswick guides us through Chopin’s popular A major Prelude
- How to Play 2. Quality of sound is of the utmost importance in Chaminade’s Aubade, explains Nils Franke
- How to Play 3. Less is more when it comes to pedalling in Schubert’s E flat Impromptu, says Lucy Parham
- Beginner Keyboard Class Lesson 45: Exercise for wrist rotation
- The Scores. A solemn work from Reicha, a more joyful Rondo from Diabelli, plus a divine Sarabande from Bach and a catchy march from Merikanto
- Piano Teacher Help Desk. How can we create a strong, healthy working relationship with our students? Kathryn Page hands out some crucial advice
- Steven Osborne. Erica Worth talks to the down-to-earth pianist as he approaches his 50th birthday
- Keys and their meanings. Does a certain key produce a particular emotion? If so, how and why? John Evans investigates
- Burkard Schliessmann. The German pianist talks about his new ‘fantasy’ album and the influence of Bach on Chopin
- Silver screen pianists. From romantic comedies to tense thrillers, Warwick Thompson explores the world of fictional pianists in film
- Album Reviews. Five stars for Lara Melda, David Greilsammer and Stephen Hough – but Daniil Trifonov’s Silver Age triumphs
- Sheet Music Reviews. Insect-inspired music from Aleksey Igudesman, challenging Strauss from Henle, and right hand fun from Mike Cornick
Text Format PDF, 94 pages