Happy Traum - Traditional and Contemporary Guitar Finger-Picking Styles
Traditional and Contemporary Guitar Finger-Picking Styles PDF descriptive analysis and transcription of picking styles in standard notation and tablature. A classic guitar tablature songbook with many fine songs of many legendary players. Every song is presented in notation and tab, alongside biographical information about the artist, plus any hints and tips that will help you achieve a more authentic performance. The book begins with a detailed guide to fingerpicking technique, giving you all the information you need to tackle these priceless musical treasures.
Happy Traum is clear, he always starts with the basics and builds up gradually, and his books always include an interesting and appropriate repertoire. This one is no exception. These sketches are like crumbs on the forest floor that the reader can follow to a better appreciation of folk music generally and fingerpicking in particular.
The only thing that would improve this book would be an accompanying CD. If you can play a solid alternating thumb style of music, you will find many nice, not-too-difficult transcriptions within.
- Mance Lipscomb - Sugar Babe
- Mike Seeger - Fishing Blues
- Estil C. Ball - Pretty Polly
- Elizabeth Cotten - Freight Train
- Sibanda - Guabi Guabi
- Jean Bosco Mwenda - Masanga
- Doc Watson - Doc's Guitar
- Doc Watson - Deep River Blues
- John Hurt - Candy Man
- John Jackson - Boat's Up The River
- John Fahey - Poor Boy Long Ways From Home
- John Fahey - Take a Look at That Baby
- Marc Silber - Fishing Blues
- Bert Jansch - Angie
- Stefan Grossman - Georgia Camp Meeting
- Eric Schoenberg - Dill Pickle Rag
Format: PDF, 72 pages