Guitar World July 2009
Guitar World July 2009 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World - the world's number one guitar magazine - is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres.
Guitar World July 2009 contents:
- Transcriptions (bass lines included): "Lay It On The Line" by Triumph; "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" by The Allman Brothers Band; "Duality" by Slipknot; "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC; " A Cauldron of Hate" by Cannibal Corpse;
- Cannibal Corpse guitarists Pat O'Brien and Rob Barrett discuss the band's new album, Evisceration Plague, and the finer points of being a savage death metal guitar duo.
- With Still Dangerous, Thin Lizzy unearth a long-lost gem recorded on the eve of their legendary 1977 tour. Guitarist Scott Gorham provides a revealing look into the classic era of the real Irish rebels.
- The Making of Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood. Twenty years ago, Motley Crue cleaned up their act and then cleaned up on the charts with their biggest hit, Dr. Feelgood. As the band prepares for the album's reissue and first-ever tour performance. Guitar World checks in with Mick Mars for the story behind the 1989 smash.
- The Allman Brothers. They've suffered breakups, addiction and death. But 40 years on, the Allman Brothers Band remain a force to be reckoned with. In this exclusive oral history, Gregg Allman, Dickey Betts and others tell the story behind rock and roll's enlightened rogues. PLUS The Allman Brothers celebrate their 40th anniversary with another triumphant run at New York's Beacon Theater. Between gigs with the Allmans and the Dead, and his work with Gov't Mule, Warren Haynes is the hardest-working man in the jam-band world.
- Duane Allman Slide Lesson. How to play slide in the style of the great Duane Allman.
- The History of Washburn. More than 125 years old and still on top of the latest trends, Washburn Guitars continues to fire up players with its innovative instruments. Guitar World celebrates the history of an American legend.
- Tune-Ups - GW Buyer's Guide Model Search. Dick Dale. This Just In.... GW Inquirer with Sieve Howe. Silversun Pickups, Dear Guitar Hero with Duff McKagan. Staind's setlist, and more!
- Betcha Can't Play This with Marty Friedman
- Soundcheck - Bogner Alchemist head and 2x12 cabinet. Fuchs Viper-100 head, Reverend Jetstream HB and Daredevil HB guitars, PRS SE Mike Mushok baritone and Dean DimeTime humbucker
- Audio File - TascamGT-R1 portable guitar recorder
- Bass Desires - Eastwood Guitars Classic 4 and EEB-1 basses
- Tech Education - Deciphering pickup resistance measurements
- GW's Guide to Music Education Schools, workshops, lessons and other music education resources
- Shred Alert with Paul Gilbert
- The Alchemical Guitarist with Richard Lloyd
- Time to Burn with Michael Angelo Batio
- Jam Session with Jimmy Herring
- Talkin' Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Around the Bend with Jerry Donahue
Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.
Text Format PDF, 110 pages