Guitar Techniques August 2015
Guitar Techniques August 2015 PDF and Mp3 CD download. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques August 2015 (#246) contents:
- David Gilmour. Jon Bishop looks at the style and playing approaches that have made Pink Floyd's guitarist one of the most admired of all.
- Mr. Big - Addicted To That Rush. Steve Allsworth transcribes one of the great early tracks from Paul Gilbert, Billy Sheehan and co's fantastic debut album.
- Jazz Soloing. Make the breakthrough! John Wheatcroft provides the information and inspiration you'll need to smash through the barrier and begin playing convincing jazz solos.
- Jerusalem - Hubert Parry. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes for solo guitar, one of Great Britain's best-loved and most moving pieces of music.
- Blues. Les Davidson doffs the collective GT hat to the late and much lamented giant, BB King.
- Rock. Martin Cooper looks at another classic US rock outfit: the fabulous Grand Funk Railroad.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter continues to explore his string-pair cells - this month he's up to 10-note groups.
- Chops Shop. Andy Saphir with more arpeggio ideas - this month, bigger shapes for wider intervals.
- Hard Rock. Charlie Griffiths begins a new series with an appreciation of NWOBHM giants, the triple-headed guitar monster that is Iron Maiden.
- Jazz. John Wheatcroft delves into the jazz stylings of the amazing French guitarist, Sylvain Luc.
- Acoustic. Stuart Ryan looks at the acoustic side of Green Day's guitarist, Billie Joe Armstrong.
- Music Reading. Charlie Griffiths continues his series with some full pieces for you to tackle.
- Video Masterclass. Carl Verheyen Part 6. Carl delivers his final first-take solo over a track he's never before heard - it's flabberghasting!
Text Format PDF, 100 pages. Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.