Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 9, Number 1
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 9, Number 1 PDF + Mp3 CD. November - December 2004. Flatpicking Guitar Magazine is a bi-monthly publication dedicated to helping guitar players, from beginner to expert, increase their proficiency flatpicking the acoustic guitar. Each issue contains comprehensive instruction on flatpicking techniques as pioneered by great guitarists such as Doc Watson, Clarence White, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, and Dan Crary. Instruction, sheet music and articles cover all musical genres including bluegrass, old-time, folk, Western swing, gypsy jazz, new acoustic music, and acoustic rock. You’ll also find interviews with top performers, including tablature of their favorite licks and breaks, as well as a wide variety of columns written by an impressive group of contributors. An optional companion CD which demonstrates the techniques described in each issue is also available.
Because the magazine focuses on instruction, you’ll want to hold onto each issue for future reference.
The audio CDs feature each of our columnists and/or artists playing the tunes that are transcribed in the magazine at both slow and fast speeds.
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 9, Number 1 contents:
- Roy Curry: "Highway of Regret", "Remington Ride"
- Justin Carbone: "Cherokee Shuffle"
- 2004 Flatpicking Championship
- Intermountain Guitar & Banjo
- Alternate Tuning: "Angeline the Baker"
- Does Practicing Hurt?
- Touch Me If You Dare - Craig Vance
- Flatpick Rhythm: Charlie Waller - Joe Carr
- Pig In A Pen - Dan Huckabee
- Folk/Acoustic Rock: Blues Patterns - John Tindel
- Maintenance & Repair - Frank Ford
- Kaufman's Corner: "Snowflake Reel" - Steve Kaufman
- Adventures in Acoustic Music: "Muleskinner Blues" - John Carlini
- Nashville Flattop: Minor Phrases - Brad Davis
- Break Time - Chris Jones
- The O-Zone: The Inner Flatpicker - Orrin Star
- Basic Blues Back-up - Dix Bruce
- Music Theory: "Timberline" - Mike Maddux
- Gypsy Jazz Guitar: "Minor Swing" - Paul Mehling
- Gospel Guitar: "Keep On The Sunny Side" - Harold Streeter
- Great Flatpicking Tunes: "Hard Times COme Again No More" - Bill Bay
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes: The Old Dogs - Adam Granger
- Oh, Susanna Part IV - Steve Pottier
- Eclectic Acoustic: "The Reconciliation" - John McGann
- Fatten Up A Melody Line, Part II - Dan Crary
- CD Highlight: Lincoln Meyers - "I Wonder What You See"
Text Format PDF, 92 pages. Mp3 CD included.