Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 6, Number 6
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 6, Number 6 PDF + Mp3 CD. September - October 2002. Flatpicking Guitar Magazine is a bi-monthly publication dedicated to helping guitar players, from beginner to expert, increase their proficiency flatpicking the acoustic guitar. Each issue contains comprehensive instruction on flatpicking techniques as pioneered by great guitarists such as Doc Watson, Clarence White, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, and Dan Crary. Instruction, sheet music and articles cover all musical genres including bluegrass, old-time, folk, Western swing, gypsy jazz, new acoustic music, and acoustic rock. You’ll also find interviews with top performers, including tablature of their favorite licks and breaks, as well as a wide variety of columns written by an impressive group of contributors. An optional companion CD which demonstrates the techniques described in each issue is also available.
Because the magazine focuses on instruction, you’ll want to hold onto each issue for future reference.
The audio CDs feature each of our columnists and/or artists playing the tunes that are transcribed in the magazine at both slow and fast speeds.
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 6, Number 6 contents:
- John Jorgenson
- Flatpicking Profile: Uwe Kruger
- Hodson Guitars
- Jam Tunes: "Nine Pound Hammer"
- Star of Munster - Craig Vance
- Beginner's Page: "Sally Goodin" Dan Huckabee
- Flatpick Rhythm: The Key of A - Joe Carr
- Flatpicking Folk/Acoustic Rock: "Can't Find My Way Home" - John Tindel
- Maintenance & Repair: Crack Repair - Frank Ford
- Kaufman's Corner: "John Henry" - Steve Kaufman
- Adventures in Acoustic Music: Legato Phrasing - John Carlini
- Nashville Flat Top: "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" - Brad Davis
- Break Time: "Banks of the Ohio" - Chris Jones
- The Solo Flatpicker - Dan Crary
- Gypsy Jazz Guitar: Chromatics - Paul Mehling
- The O-Zone: "LostIndian" - Orrin Star
- I Told Them About You - Dix Bruce
- Music Theory: Mastering the Fingerboard - Mike Maddux
- Gospel Guitar: "Battle Hymn of the Republic" - Harold Streeter
- Flatpicking Gospels: "The Lily of the Valley" - Bill Bay
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes: Granger Un-Tabbed - Adam Granger
- Bluegrass Classics: "Ashes of Love" - Steve Pottier
- Eclectic Acoustic "Champion Hounddog" - John McGann
- CD Highlight: Jim Hurst Second Son
Text Format PDF, 84 pages. Mp3 CD included.