Total Guitar October 2008 (#180)
Jan 02 2012
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar October 2008 (#180) contents:
- Paul Gilbert – Alter Bridge’s Mark Tremonti pays homage to the ‘living legend’, his idol and long-time inspiration
- Pimp your AXE 2 – Transform an entry-level electric into a fire-breathing shredder
- Soulfly – Max Cavalera and Marc Rizzo on latest album Conquer
- 85 Sizzlin’ Tips to help you play better today!
- Dragonforce – Why Herman and Sam are slowing down the shred!
- Bob Wootton – Johnny Cash’s right-hand man
- Preston Reed – New York acoustic visionary
- Icon: Billy Duffy – TG joins The Cult
- What I’ve learned: Joe Satriani – The uber-shredder’s secrets
- Rocked & Rated: Jackson Demmelition V; Group Test: the hottest metal axes under 700 pounds; Round-up: DigiTech Hardwire pedals; Indie Shape Custom; Farida J-66N; Ed’s Shed
- TG’s 85 sizzlin’ tips will maximise your six-string skills today!
- Jackson Demmelition King V: Phil Demmel’s new signature guitar is so good it hurts
- Gallows – Just Because You Sleep…
- Priestess – Lay Down
- The Futureheads – Hounds Of Love
- The Stooges – I Wanna Be Your Dog
- Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife
- Trivium – The Rising
- Strum-Along: Counting Crows – Mr Jones
- Novice – Fingerpicking an eight-bar blues pattern in jazz/blues style
- Video lesson: Paul Gilbert – The master is back with his School Of Shred column!
- Video lesson: Newton Faulkner – Newton dazzles us with his ‘rolling’ pick hand technique
- Video lesson: Funk Guitar – Jason Sidwell gets your groove on with the CAGED system
- Acoustic 101 – Get different dynamic effects by leading with your ‘i’/’m’ fingers
- Mojo Masters – TG’s mojo-packed guide to smokin’ blues lead guitar styles
- Get your Grades – Ace your exams with the help of our Rockschool and RGT columns
Includes original mp3 tracks
Text Format PDF