Total Guitar May 2008 (#175)
Dec 28 2011
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section.
Total Guitar May 2008 (#175) contents:
- Jimi Hendrix – Pioneer, genius, the No 1 guitarist of all time, but who was the man behind the myth?
- Black Francis
- Buying an Axe on Ebay
- The Kooks – Hugh Harris on new album Konk
- TG extreme Makeover – TG revamps an unsigned band!
- Joe Satriani
- Awesome Theme Tunes! 23 of the best guitar appearances
- Cavalera Conspiracy
- Icon: Steve Lukather – Mr Toto on 40 years with his axe
- What I’ve Learned: Thomas Fischer – Celtic Frost riff master
- Rocked & Rated: Fender Jim Root Telecaster; Group Test: retro-rockers under 700 pounds; Round-up: modulation; Gretsch Electromatic G5222; Eastwood Mandocaster; Ed’s Shed
- Beginner’s pluck: first timers, get to grips with acoustic fingerpicking here!
- Fender Jim Root Telecaster: the Slipknot man puts his mark on the 50s workhorse
- Airbourne – Stand Up For Rock ‘N’ Roll
- Jimi Hendrix – Learn to play his greatest riffs!
- B.F.M.V. – Hand Of Blood
- Faces – Stay With Me
- The Subways – Rock & Roll Queen
- Transplants – American Guns
- Strum-Along: The Hoosiers – Worried About Ray
- Novice – Our fingerpicking lessons move onto using all six strings
- Video lesson: Mark Tremonti – Mark guides you through his pre-show legato warm-up routine
- Video lesson: Marty Friedman – Marty’s created a solo lick especially for you!
- Video lesson: Alex Skolnick – Add excitement to your rock phrasing with arpeggios
- Acoustic 101 – Go it alone on the acoustic and create percussive parts
- Mojo Masters – Learn the rhythm tricks that gave the masters their mojo
- Get your Grades – Ace your exams with the help of our Rockschool and RGT columns
Includes original mp3 tracks and videos
Text Format PDF