Total Guitar March 2008 (#173)
Dec 26 2011
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar March 2008 (#173) contents:
- Clash of the Titans – Some of the greatest guitar bands, including Trivium, BFMV and Metallica, get set for one colossal battle as they fight it out for the guitar album of 2008!
- American Hardcore – How breakneck riffs and socially aware lyrics gave underdog kids a way into the music scene
- Herman Li meets John Petrucci – DragonForce’s Herman interviews his all-time guitar hero, Dream Theater’s John Petrucci
- Record at Home now – Record a demo with affordable kit and TG’s expert advice!
- Icon: Slash – The most famous guitarist ever
- What I’ve learned: Mark Tremonti – Gives TG the ‘fundamentals’
- Rocked & Rated: Winter NAMM 2008 report; Squier Deryck Whibley Telecaster; Group Test: humbucker axes under Ј500; Ed’s Shed
- 2008 album preview: Metallica, Trivium, BFMV and loads more!
- Learn to play The Clash’s stripped back punk with London Calling
- Editors – The Racing Rats
- Pink Floyd – Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)
- Lamb of God – Black Label
- The Clash – London Calling
- Avenged Sevenfold – Lips Of Deceit
- Strum-Along: James – Sit Down
- Novice – Learn the fingerpicking patterns for C, A and D chords
- Video lesson: Mark Tremonti – Warm-ups and co-ordination are the key to super-fast picking
- Video lesson: John 5 – Explode right off the fretboard with some tapping techniques
- Video lesson: Alex Skolnick – Play the changes with some tasty blues licks for a cooler sound
- Acoustic – Use the acoustic’s wide tonal range of bass and treble notes
- Mojo Masters – Learn the rhythm tricks that gave the masters their mojo
- Get your Ggrades – Ace your exams with the help of our Rockschool and RGT columns
Includes original mp3 tracks and videos
Text Format PDF