Guitar World November 2010
Oct 30 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World November 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (bass lines included): “Parallels” by As I Lay Dying, “Immigrant Song” by Led Zeppelin, “Redneck” by Lamb of God, “Hey You” by Pink Floyd, “Oye Como Va” by Santana
- The ernie ball 3-D gallery of greats. Put on your specs and enjoy this in-depth look at Kirk Hammett, Angus Young and Jimmy Page.
- As I Lay Dying. Phil Sgrosso and Nick Hipa talk about the band’s latest, The Powerless Rise.
- Pink Floyd’s The Wall – As Roger Waters takes The Wall on tour, GW explores the making of rock’s greatest album and stage production. Bob Ezrin: Behind The Wall. The famed producer gives an inside look at the making of the album. Floyd on celluloid. Director Alan Parker tells why The Wall is his best-known-and least favorite-film.
- The 40th Anniversary of Led Zeppelin III. Jimmy Page reveals the inspirations behind the band’s multidimensional explosion of electric and acoustic music.
- Jimmy Page’s new book – In his new “photographic autobiography,” the enigmatic guitarist gives a revealing glimpse into his early life and his long and stellar career.
- Carlos Santana – Mr. Supernatural gets his muse in the mood with his new fiancee and Guitar Heaven, his new star-studded album of classic rock tracks.
- Sounding board – Letters, and Defenders of the Faith
- Tune-UPS: Bring Me the Horizon, Joe Bonamassa, Everest, Inquirer with the Melvins’ Buzz Osborne, Dear Guitar Hero with Jeff Hanneman, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Dave Reffett
- Soundcheck – Mesa Engineering TransAtlantic TA-15 amplifier, Boss eBand JS-8 audio player with guitar effects, Fender Dave Murray Stratocaster and Jackson Adrian Smith San Dimas DK, G&L ASAT Classic BluesBoy Rustic and T-Rex Engineering Mudhoney II and Octavius pedals
- Buzz Bin Guitar Pro 6 guitar tab software
- Bass Desires ESP LTD B-416SM
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of Mastodon’s Brent Hinds
- Hole Notes by Dale Turner
- Merchant of Menace by Jeff Loomis
- Talkin’ Blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Marcelo Berestovoy
- In Deep by Andy Aledort
- Ed’s Shed by Ed Mitchell
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons