Pianist #95 PDF download. For the passionate players, or early beginners, Pianist PDF magazine will teach you the art of piano playing through professional advice, sheet music and lessons for all levels. Your piano playing journey starts here with the magazine that doubles as an entertaining read and the ultimate interactive piano teacher. Read, learn and play the piano with Pianist magazine every issue.
Pianist magazine PDF is adored internationally by those who have a passion for playing the piano. From Bach to Billy Joel, the magazine offers a wide range of music styles to learn from, as you don’t just read it - you play it too!
With PDF Pianist magazine you can expect nothing less than the very best when it comes to playing the instrument you love. You’ll have everything you need to play like an expert, including notes on technique, pedalling and interpretation, sheet music reviews, Q&As, teaching tips, in-depth ‘How to Play’ masterclasses, readers’ letters, piano news, interviews with top concert pianists and so much more!
Pianist #95 issue contents:
- Reader Competition. WIN the new Rick Wakeman Piano Portraits recording
- News. Fanny Mendelssohn premiere; Imogen Cooper’s first Liszt on record; new Bosendorfer models; what La La Land is doing for piano dealers; robots coming to a piano near you
- Rick Wakeman. The rock pianist and not-so-Grumpy Old Man in interview, discussing his serious keyboard habit and his new return to classical piano
- How to Play Masterclass 1. Mark Tanner on striking to the bottom of the note
- How to Play Masterclass 2. Graham Fitch on the drop-roll motion, in the first of two articles on the wrist
- How to Play 1. Melanie Spanswick on Streabbog’s Distant Bells
- How to Play 2. Janet Newman on Grieg’s Melodie from his Lyric Pieces
- How to Play 3. Lucy Parham on Schubert’s Impromptu in A flat D935 No 2
- The Scores. A pull-out section of 40 pages of sheet music for all levels
- Beginner Keyboard Class. Hans-Gunter Heumann’s Lesson No 22: Finger fitness exercises
- SUMMER COURSES & FESTIVALS 2017
- Your 12-page guide to the best of summer courses and festivals in the UK and across the world, with a special focus on piano courses, artists and events
- Courses. Five pages of courses for all tastes and levels, including a special insight into the sell-out Chetham’s Summer School for Pianists from co-founder Kathryn Page
- Festivals Detailed listings of more than 30 festivals in the UK plus the cream of summer events for pianophiles in the rest of the world. The founder directors of the Oxford Piano Festival and the Husum Rarities of Piano Music festival explain what makes their piano celebrations unique
- Understanding Theory. Helping you grasp the building blocks of music. This issue, the first of a two-part series on ornaments, dealing with trills
- Piano Restoring. Restore, repair, recondition: what do they really mean? And what do you get for your money? A special Pianist investigation talks to piano-tuners, technicians, craftsmen and customers
- CD Reviews. The special intimacy of Cedric Pescia’s Schumann; ongoing Brahms cycles from Barry Douglas and Jonathan Plowright; unmissable rarities by Ginastera and Helene de Montgeroult
- Sheet Music Review New editions of Fur Elise and Brahms’s Handel Variations; a popular anthology by Melanie Spanswick, and new pieces for students by Mark Tanner
Text Format PDF, 91 pages