Guitar Techniques June 2021
Guitar Techniques June 2021 PDF. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques June 2021 (#322) contents:
- String Bending. Where blues meets jazz. John Wheatcroft looks at how Larry Carlton uses string bends, and how the influence of Albert and BB King is apparent in his playing, and that of other greats such as Joe Walsh.
- Learn To Read Music. Get the basics down today. Andy Shaphir offers an intriguing insight into the art of reading music, from both a general and also a ‘real world’ personal point of view.
- Johannes Brahms. Waltz Op.39 no.15. Bridget Mermikides arranges a simple but beautiful waltz study by this German great.
- Lessons Introduction. Senior music editor Jason Sidwell introduces this month’s brim-full lessons section.
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Tony Iommi, Tom Morello, Nile Rodgers, Jeff Beck, Steve Vai, and Django Reinhardt.
- Blues. Phil Short checks out how the great rocker Paul Gilbert has turned his sights on the blues.
- Rock. Martin Cooper delves behind the style of the brilliant Dave Grohl’s superb band Foo Fighters.
- Jazz. Fundamental Changes brings us a new series from the one and only fusion giant, Mike Stern.
- Brit Rock. Simon Barnard examines the super sounds of Welsh rock supergroup, Stereophonics.
- Shaun’s creative rock. Shaun Baxter continues his series showing how using specific intervals can give your playing a new edge. This month: Octaves.
- In The Woodshed. Charlie Griffiths brings you ﬁve great licks using the ‘Tritone Trick’ over a static Dominant 7th.
- Josh Smith. Video Masterclass. This incredible modern blues player (and more!) presents a one-off video masterclass.
- Rhythm Roost. Funk Waltz. Get groovy in three-quarter time with Jason Sidwell’s cracking series on rhythm guitar.
Text Format PDF, 84 pages.