Guitar Techniques January 2021
Guitar Techniques January 2021 PDF. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques January 2021 (#316) contents:
- Steve Morse. Interview & Masterclass. Steve chats to Jason Sidwell about music, influences and more, then plays a stunning solo over a specially written piece. Fantastic!
- Modern Blues Icons. Learn some cool new styles. Style studies with six top newer blues legends: Joe Bonamassa, Eric Gales, Gary Clark Jr, John Mayer, Kirk Fletcher, Josh Smith. Simply, wow!
- The Crossroads. Where blues meets jazz. In this first of a new series John Wheatcroft looks at how jazz and blues collide in the most interesting ways. This month: Kenny Burrell.
- Lessons introduction. Senior music editor Jason Sidwell introduces another brim-filled lessons section.
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Pat Heath has six new licks at easy, moderate and advanced levels. Can you bag the lot?
- Blues. Phil Short brings you two full solos in the style of blues and rock virtuoso Mick Taylor, during his time with one of the best Stones line-ups.
- Rock. Martin Cooper checks out the quirky but brilliant rock style of one of Canada’s greatest musical exports, the amazing Neil Young.
- Rock Legato. Australian guitar wizard Chris Brooks demonstrates how to use chromatic passing notes and the ‘numbers system’ in rock legato.
- Brit Rock. Simon Barnard reveals the fast and furious style of Manic Street Preachers’ excellent guitarist, the Les Paul wielding James Dean Bradfield.
- Shaun's Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter begins a new series that shows how focusing on specific intervals can give your playing a new edge. This month: 2nds.
- In The Woodshed. Charlie Griffiths brings you five great licks as an introduction to the art of tapped harmonics.
- Enrique Granados. La Maja de Goya. Bridget Mermikides has arranged this lovely piece as a dedication to a personal hero and mentor, classical guitar legend Julian Bream
Text Format PDF, 85 pages.