Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 6, Number 5
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 6, Number 5 PDF + Mp3 CD. July - August 2002. Flatpicking Guitar Magazine is a bi-monthly publication dedicated to helping guitar players, from beginner to expert, increase their proficiency flatpicking the acoustic guitar. Each issue contains comprehensive instruction on flatpicking techniques as pioneered by great guitarists such as Doc Watson, Clarence White, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, and Dan Crary. Instruction, sheet music and articles cover all musical genres including bluegrass, old-time, folk, Western swing, gypsy jazz, new acoustic music, and acoustic rock. You’ll also find interviews with top performers, including tablature of their favorite licks and breaks, as well as a wide variety of columns written by an impressive group of contributors. An optional companion CD which demonstrates the techniques described in each issue is also available.
Because the magazine focuses on instruction, you’ll want to hold onto each issue for future reference.
The audio CDs feature each of our columnists and/or artists playing the tunes that are transcribed in the magazine at both slow and fast speeds.
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 6, Number 5 contents:
- Robin Kessinger
- Flatpicking Profile: Dan Kessinger
- When is a "Wedgie" a Good Thing?
- Jam Tunes: "Home Sweet Home"
- Durham Rangers - Craig Vance
- Beginner's Page: Do You Speak Guitar? - Dan Huckabee
- Flatpick Rhythm: "Poor Richard's Blues" - Joe Carr
- Flatpicking Folk/Acoustic Rock: "Little Wing" - John Tindel
- Maintenance & Repair: Neck Joint Diversity - Frank Ford
- Kaufman's Corner: "You Are My Sunshine" - Steve Kaufman
- Adventures in Acoustic Music: Chopin for Flatpickers - John Carlini
- Nashville Flat Top: Changing the Tuning - Brad Davis
- Break Time: Volume and Dynamics - Chris Jones
- The Solo Flatpicker - Dan Crary
- Gypsy Jazz Guitar: Ear Training - Paul Mehling
- The O-Zone: "Sandy River Belle" - Orrin Star
- The Blues: "Sweet Sue" - Dix Bruce
- Music Theory: Mastering the Fingerboard - Mike Maddux
- Gospel Guitar: Intros and Tags (Con't) - Harold Streeter
- Classics For Flatpicking: "Excursion" - Bill Bay
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes: Three Fun Tunes - Adam Granger
- Bluegrass Classics: "If I Should Wonder Back Tonight" - Steve Pottier
- Eclectic Acoustic "Wall of Stone" - John McGann
- CD Highlight: Rebecca Hoggan Born in East Virginia
Text Format PDF, 84 pages. Mp3 CD included.