Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 4, Number 3
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 4, Number 3 PDF + Mp3 CD. March - April 2000. Flatpicking Guitar Magazine is a bi-monthly publication dedicated to helping guitar players, from beginner to expert, increase their proficiency flatpicking the acoustic guitar. Each issue contains comprehensive instruction on flatpicking techniques as pioneered by great guitarists such as Doc Watson, Clarence White, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, and Dan Crary. Instruction, sheet music and articles cover all musical genres including bluegrass, old-time, folk, Western swing, gypsy jazz, new acoustic music, and acoustic rock. You’ll also find interviews with top performers, including tablature of their favorite licks and breaks, as well as a wide variety of columns written by an impressive group of contributors. An optional companion CD which demonstrates the techniques described in each issue is also available.
Because the magazine focuses on instruction, you’ll want to hold onto each issue for future reference.
The audio CDs feature each of our columnists and/or artists playing the tunes that are transcribed in the magazine at both slow and fast speeds.
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine Volume 4, Number 3 contents:
- Kenny Smith
- Flatpick Profile: Stephen Bennett
- Jam Tunes: "Beaumont Rag"
- Foley Guitars
- Masters of Rhythm Guitar: Roland White
- Guitar Highlight: Merrill C-28
- Norwegian Wood - Craig Vance
- Beginner's Page: Perfect Pitch - Dan Huckabee
- Flatpicking Rhythm: Rodney Dillard - Joe Carr
- Flatpicking & Folk/Acoustic Rock - John Tindel
- Kaufman's Corner: "Jesse Polka" - Steve Kaufman
- Nashville Flat Top: "Lonesome Pie" - Brad Davis
- Break Time: "Lonesome Road Blues" - Chris Jones
- The O-Zone: "Shenadoah Falls" - Orrin Star
- Cajun Flatpicking: "Jole Blonde" - Dix Bruce
- Music Theory: Mastering the Fingerboard - Mike Maddux
- Gospel Guitar: "Blessed Assurance" - Harold Streeter
- Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes: "Madam Bonaparte" - Adam Granger
- Exploring Bluegrass Guitar: "Yellow Rose of Texas" - Steve Pottier
- Eclectic Acoustic: "Maids of Castlebar" - John McGann
- New Release Highlight: Bull Harman
Text Format PDF, 84 pages. Mp3 CD included.