DRUM! September 2015 (#231)
DRUM magazine September 2015 PDF download. The most fanatical drumming magazine on the planet. DRUM! is an educational drumming magazine. It features artist profiles, product reviews, lessons and advanced transcriptions covering rock, pop and related styles of music. In the 1990s it gained a reputation for its coverage of younger drummers in contemporary styles such as punk, rap-rock, and metal. It was the first magazine to feature artists such as Tre Cool (Green Day), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink-182) and others on its covers.
A typical issue of DRUM! includes artist features and in-depth stories on topics such as playing techniques or new products. Additionally, it includes reviews of new recordings and drum products (cymbals, drums, hardware), short news items, career and health tips, and challenging lessons.
DRUM magazine September 2015 (#231) contents:
- Chris Adler. With Lamb Of God's lead singer Randy Blythe exonerated for murder, the crazy nightmare is over and Adler is ready to rock harder than ever.
- Mike Johnston In His Own Words. The uncrowned king of educational drumming websites peers into the crystal ball to see the future of online instruction.
- What's Your Drumming IQ? Consider yourself a prog drumming expert? Take this test to see if you measure up.
- POV. Daniel Platzman, Chris Hornbrook, Robert Garza, Brent Phillips, and Ryan Schiedermayer list their favorite method books.
- Moment In History. In part two of our series on women drummers, we focus on the early innovators of the Roaring '20s.
- New Blood. We unfurled our tentacles out to Boston and Atlanta to find this month's righteous contenders.
- New Sticks & Heads for 2015. Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and drummers gotta drum — which is where these tools come in handy.
- Scott Amendola. The jazz fusionist experiments with symphonic textures on his latest release.
- Serra Petale. This Australian expatriate makes her explosive debut with Kid Wave.
- Jamison Ross. Only so many drummers have won the Thelonius Monk International Jazz competition, and Ross is one of them. But what he did next was even more surprising.
- Hit Like A Girl 2015 Winners. Meet the talented musicians from all corners of the world who won the fourth annual competition of female drummers.
- Go Big/Go Small. There's more than one way to change the sonic size of your kit without sacrificing those precious chops.
- Tama Superstar Classic Drums
- Zildjian Ride Roundup
- Mike Bordin Drum Parts. The powerhouse lefty walks us through his performance of "Sunny Side Up" from Faith No More's reunion disc Sol Invictus.
Text Format PDF, 92 pages