Dan Erlewine Advanced Fretting Volume 1. Advanced Fretting will teach you how to do professional-level work on tricky fret jobs. This is practical training for everyone involved in guitar repair. Advanced tools are demonstrated in use on real jobs, so you can decide what you really need for the work you do. Vol 1: Complete acoustic and electric refretting.
"I pull out all the stops on this tape and share every trick I know. Some of these I've never shown anyone before. You'll feel as if you've spent several weekends in my shop working with me on some tough fretjobs!" — Dan
The focus of this video: Beyond the information covered in Fret Basics. Professional-level work on tricky fretjobs.
- Heat-straightening a warped neck
- Compression fretting using a hammer and the fret press
- Controlling a nonadjustable neck in the Neck Jig
- Fretting a bound fingerboard
- Very difficult truss rod fix
- Vintage fret job considerations
- Crowning and polishing frets
- A low-fret job for Leon Rhodes
Bonus: See and hear Dan's hero Leon Rhodes play. Filmed in Nashville, this is a mini guitar lesson you shouldn't miss.
Running time: 2 hours
Video: MPEG-4 AVC 720x480, 29.97 fps, Var bitrate 1000 kb/s
Audio: MPEG AAC 48000 Hz Stereo, 320 kbps
Size: 1.03 Gb