Total Guitar March 2009 (#186)
Nov 04 2011
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar March 2009 (#186) contents:
- Solos! Slash, Zakk Wylde, Scott Gorham, Corey Beaulieu and Gus G help you develop your OWN soloing style. Plus, solo warm-ups and scales!
- 5 Beginner Mistakes…and how to avoid them!
- Blues: past, present and future. part 1. TG charts the journey of blues guitar’s pioneers from Charley Patton to Jimmy Page. Plus, learn to play like Robert Johnson, SRV and Muddy Waters
- Icon: Jeff Hanneman – The Slayer songwriter speaks!
- Folk Guitar – TG profiles Nick Drake, John Martyn and Jose Gonzalez
- What I’ve learned: Pat O’Brien – On death metal perfection
- Rocked &Rated – Gear intro; Daemoness Antichrist V; Washburn Joe Trohman; Group Test: affordable valve amps; Round-up: wah pedals; Line 6 POD Studio UX2; Hofner Verythin-CT; Ed’s Shed
- Avoid the pitfalls of beginner mistakes and banish your bad playing habits for good!
- TG proves valve amps aren’t just for the aristocracy with four affordable tone warriors
- Eagles – Hotel California (solo best bits)
- John Lee Hooker – Boom Boom
- My Chemical romance – Famous Last Words
- Iron Maiden – Holy Smoke
- Funeral for a friend – Kicking And Screaming
- Strum-along: Avenged Sevenfold – Dear God
- Fingerpick Like’ Mississippi blues master John Lee Hooker on Boom Boom
- Novice – Get a blues vibe in your sound with quarter-tone string bends
- Video lesson: Phil Demmel – The Machine Head man presents your Beginner’s Guide To Metal
- Video lesson: Newton Faulkner – Percussive guitar using just your thumb and little finger!
- Video lesson: Paul Gilbert – Put an electric guitar twist on classical music pieces
- Modern masters – Get inspired by some of the most influential pop and rock guitarists from the last 30 years. This month: Prince
- Get your grades – Ace your exams with the help of our Rockschool and RGT columns
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF