Guitar World November 2009
Oct 16 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World November 2009 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Dueling Banjos” by Steve Ouimette; “Reckoning” by Killswitch Engage; “Second Chance” by Shinedown; “YYZ” by Rush; “War Ensemble” by Slayer;
- As ZZ Top ready their 15th studio album, Billy Gibbons looks back on 40 years of classic albums from that little ol’ band from Texas.
- The making of the Beatles’ Abbey Road. It was the Beatles’ last studio work, but it was the start of a new era in recorded music. On the 40th anniversary of Abbey Road, Beatles engineer Geoff Emerick tells the story behind the songs and sounds on this groundbreaking album.
- Slayer continue their quest for global domination with World Painted Blood, their annihilating new album. Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King talk about working hard, playing fast and living life on the dark side. PLUS Hanneman and King dissect each cut on Slayer’s new album.
- James Hetfield – In his most revealing interview, James Hetfield opens up about Metallica, Dave Mustaine, marriage and his childhood…and shows why what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
- Yamaha’s 40th Anniversary: In 1969, a little-known Japanese instrument company took a chance and shipped a batch of guitars to the U.S. The rest is history. Guitar World celebrates 40 years of Yamaha Guitars
- Alternate-picking lesson, part two. Learn how to develop a solid alternate-picking technique while getting maximum melodic mileage out of one string. Guitar World presents part two of our four-part series on alternate picking.
- Tune-UPS. Cheap Trick, Mike Stern, Steve Ouimette, Devil Driver, Dear Guitar Hero with Michael Schenker, Motley Crue’s setlist, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Psycroptic’s Joe Haley
- Soundcheck: Diamond Nitrox 100-watt guitar head and 4×12 cabinet, Peavey PXD Series Void III, Traynor YCS50H 50-watt head and YCS412VA 4×12 cabinet, IK Multimedia Amplitube Hendrix, and EMG X Series 81X and 85X pickups
- Buzz Bin Graphtech Labs Supercharger Kit
- Audio File Zoom H4N recorder
- Bass Desires Music Man 25th Anniversary HH five-string and Big All basses
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of 311’s Tim Mahoney
- Dominion with Mark Morton
- Time to Burn with Michael Angelo Batio
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks