Fred Sokolow – Electric Blues Guitar
Nov 15 2015
If you want to play blues guitar like B.B. King, Eric Clapton or Buddy Guy then this 80 minute DVD will get you on track. Starting at the beginning with first-position key-of-E blues licks, Fred Sokolow shows how to play lead and backup like a modern blues guitarist.
Fred Sokolow is an extremely versatile musician. Although he is most often seen playing jazz guitar and singing in Los Angeles night spots, he is just as likely to turn up playing 5 string banjo at bluegrass festivals or rock guitar at studio sessions. You may even spot him playing Resonator Guitar or mandolin on various folk revivals seen on cable and public television. Besides soloing as a jazz guitarist/vocalist, Fred also has fronted his own jazz, bluegrass and rock bands.
- Several moveable scale patterns and licks for soloing
- Moveable chords and chord based licks for backup
- How to play melodies, chord backup and improvised solos on blues classics Stormy Monday, Everyday I Have The Blues, Killing Floor and Baby Please Don’t Go
- Intros and endings
- Enough theory to understand the 12-bar blues structure and be able to play backup and solo in any key
- Boogie bass lines, vibrato, note-bending and more
Running time: 80 min
Video: MPEG Video, 720×480, 29.970 fps, 6764 Kbps
Audio: AC-3 , 48.0 KHz, 2 channels, 192 Kbps
Booklet: Yes (PDF)
Size: 4.03 Gb