Pianist #113 PDF download. For the passionate players, or early beginners, Pianist PDF magazine will teach you the art of piano playing through professional advice, sheet music and lessons for all levels. Your piano playing journey starts here with the magazine that doubles as an entertaining read and the ultimate interactive piano teacher. Read, learn and play the piano with Pianist magazine every issue.
Pianist magazine PDF is adored internationally by those who have a passion for playing the piano. From Bach to Billy Joel, the magazine offers a wide range of music styles to learn from, as you don’t just read it – you play it too!
With PDF Pianist magazine you can expect nothing less than the very best when it comes to playing the instrument you love. You’ll have everything you need to play like an expert, including notes on technique, pedalling and interpretation, sheet music reviews, Q&As, teaching tips, in-depth ‘How to Play’ masterclasses, readers’ letters, piano news, interviews with top concert pianists and so much more!
Pianist #113 issue contents:
- News. Ashkenazy retires, a farewell to two great pianists and announcing the winner of our 2020 Composing Competition
- Open invitation. EPTA introduces a brand-new series of nationwide festivals geared towards piano performance
- Ludovico Einaudi. Erica Worth speaks to the most-streamed classical artist about finding his voice, facing the critics and the importance of walking
- How to Play Masterclass 1. Master the art of feeling your way around the piano and keeping your eyes on the score, with Mark Tanner
- How to Play Masterclass 2. Graham Fitch addresses the ‘weaker fingers’ myth
- How to Play 1. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to Duvernoy’s Study in F, says Melanie Spanswick (Scores p34)
- How to Play 2. Playing Bach on the modern piano is a wonderfully freeing process, says Nils Franke (Scores p44)
- How to Play 3. Lucy Parham helps us through Brahms’s challenging Intermezzo in F minor (Scores p61)
- Piano Teacher Helpdesk. Do our students really know how to sight-read? Kathryn Page opens up the discussion
- The Scores. A German dance from Beethoven, an Idylle from Satie, a bold Bach prelude and Chabrier’s catchy Ballabile
- Beginner Keyboard Class. Lesson 40: Interchange between the hands
- SUMMER COURSES & FESTIVALS 2020. Our 12-page guide features top recommendations for piano courses and festivals through the year. Everything from intense piano courses in Provence to starry artist line-ups in Latvia. Lots of Beethoven on the menu.
- Making the grade. Three of the world’s most renowned exam boards share their vision and views
- Playing By Ear. This penultimate lesson of the series concentrates on six-note chords
- Album Reviews. Five-star Moszkowski from Hirose, sensational Skempton, plus Italian delights from Bax
- Sheet Music Reviews. Ravel’s Jeux d’eau from Barenreiter, Elgar favourites, Dave Brubeck and more
Text Format PDF, 92 pages