Guitar World August 2009
Guitar World August 2009 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World - the world's number one guitar magazine - is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres.
Guitar World August 2009 contents:
- Transcriptions (bass lines included): "Three Days" by Jane's Addiction; "This is Absolution" by Killswitch Engage; "New Religion" by Black Label Society; "Know Your Enemy" by Green Day; "Spoonman" by Soungarden;
- Former Soundgarden/Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell scraps his familiar musical style and enjoys an artistic rebirth with Scream, his new Timbaland-produced disc.
- The 2009 Hall Of Fame Inductions. Jeff Beck and Metallica are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and, in a historic reunion, perform at the ceremonies with former bandmates Jimmy Page and Jason Newsted.
- Green Day's new rock opus, 21st Century Breakdown, fulfills the ambitious promise of American Idiot, singing a lament for troubled times. Guitar World talks with Billie Joe Armstrong about the making of the group's latest rebellious musical effort. PLUS Billie Joe Armstrong gives us a breakdown of the arsenal behind his 21st Century sound.
- Rockstar Mayhem Tour. The guitarists from Cannibal Corpse, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains and a host of other bands on this year's Rockstar Mayhem Festival tell us what makes them tick.
- The Anniversary of Mesa/Boogie. From a practical joke, one of the most serious contenders in the amp-making industry was born. Guitar World celebrates the 40th anniversary of Mesa/Boogie, the California innovator that fueled the hot-rodded sound of Carlos Santana, Keith Richards, James Hetfield and many others. PLUS A quintet of Mesa-powered albums that supercharged the sound of rock and roll.
- 50 Tips To improve your playing. Guitar World presents bodacious pointers guaranteed to help your playing.
- Tune-Ups. Slayer in the studio, Every Time I Die, introducing Guitar Aficionado, 311, Static-X, Dear Guitar Hero with Billy Sheehan, Rise Against's setlist, and more!
- Betcha Can't Play This with Tony Smotherman
- Soundcheck - PRS Sunburst 245 and Sunburst 22 electric guitars, Vox Virage SC semihollow electric guitar, Peavey Vypyr 75 combo, Egnater Rebel 20 head and Rebel 112X cabinet, Danelectro Dead On '67 electric guitar and Carr Amplifiers Raleigh 1x10 combo 154 Cheap Thrills Schaller Hannes fixed bridge
- Bass Desires - Sterling by Music Man SB14 and Ray34 basses
- Tech Education - Skunk stripes and more questions from readers
- The onstage rig of Children of Bodom's Roope Latvala
- Shred Alert with Paul Gilbert
- The Alchemical Guitarist with Richard Lloyd
- Time to Burn with Michael Angelo Batio
- Jam Session with Jimmy Herring
- Talkin' Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Around the Bend with Jerry Donahue
- Tone Rules with Anthony "Big Tony" Lucas
Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.
Text Format PDF, 109 pages