Guitar Techniques May 2014
Guitar Techniques May 2014 PDF and Mp3 CD download. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques May 2014 (#230) contents:
- Pentatonic Power. Five notes, myriad styles. Jacob Quistgaard has written the ultimate guide on how to get the most out of the pentatonic scale in a range of musical styles!
- Extreme Guitar. Stretch your boundaries. Take your guitar playing beyond the realms of standard solos, licks and chord progressions. Milton Mermikides shows you how.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Parallel Universe. Steve Allsworth has transcribed an awesome Chilis' single, also featured on their classic album Californication, for electric guitar.
- J S Bach - Prelude in C. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes a true musical milestone by the mighty Johann Sebastian Bach for classical acoustic guitar.
- Blues. John Wheatcroft examines the impressive style of modern blues phenomenon, Jonny Lang.
- Rock. Martin Cooper tackles the mountainous guitar playing of a true rock titan - Leslie West.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter shows how triadic arpeggios can be used to create stunning solos.
- Session. Andy Saphir tunes his session radar into the styles of legendary rock 'n' roll guitar players.
- Prog. Paul Bielatowicz takes on the style of Dream Theater's astounding axe hero, John Petrucci.
- Jazz. Pete Callard looks at the multitalented George Benson's earlier jazz soloing style.
- Acoustic. Stuart Ryan unveils the acoustic approach of singer-songwriters the Avett Brothers.
- Rockschool. Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z with V for Vibrato, Vivace, Voice leading, Volume swells and the Voodoo blues scale. Va-va-voom!
- Video Masterclass. The Mathematician. Learn a wonderful traditional Scottish hornpipe with Tristan Seume's exclusive video!
Text Format PDF, 100 pages. Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.