Guitar Techniques March 2021
Guitar Techniques March 2021 PDF. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques March 2021 (#318) contents:
- Master Wah Pedal. Video examples & 3 pieces. Jamie Humphries wants to get you back in love with your wah-wah, with examples and three pieces in funk, blues and rock styles.
- The Crossroads Pt 3. Where blues meets jazz. We examine the link between jazz and blues, and this month look at playing early swing lines over static chords using both approaches.
- Giuseppe Verdi. The Drinking Song. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes this rousing and celebratory song from Verdi’s most famous opera, La Traviata, from 1853.
- Lessons Introduction. Senior music editor Jason Sidwell introduces this month’s lessons section.
- 30-Minute Lickbag. The Edge, Dick Dale, Billy F Gibbons, Nick Johnston, John Petrucci and Frank Gambale.
- Blues. Phil Short brings you an amazing lesson on the blues licks of legendary Irishman, Gary Moore.
- Rock. Martin Cooper looks at the classical-meets-rock style of Deep Purple’s Ritchie Blackmore.
- Jazz. Fundamental Changes author Tim Pettinglale shows you how to play Bebop Blues Guitar.
- Brit Rock. Simon Barnard checks out the sound of West Midlands hitmakers, The Charlatans.
- Shaun's Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter continues his series showing how using specific intervals can give your playing a new edge. This month: 4ths.
- In The Woodshed. Charlie Griffiths brings you five great licks using three-notes-per-string Pentatonics.
- Alex Sill. Video Masterclass. Prodigious fusion guitarist Alex Sill plays and demonstrates his fantastic solo on Swagster.
- Rhythm Roost. 12/8 Groove. Boost your funk chops with Jason Sidwell’s new series devoted to the art of rhythm guitar.
Text Format PDF, 85 pages