Guitar Techniques July 2020
Guitar Techniques July 2020 PDF and Mp3 CD download. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques July 2020 (#310) contents:
- Eric Clapton at 75. Four great pieces to learn. To celebrate Eric’s 75th year Richard Barrett has four brand new pieces in the Clapton style: Beano, Cream, Solo Years, Cinema & Film
- 40 Blues Intros and Outros. How to top and tail your tunes. Another great Richard Barrett feature, this one will smarten up your blues beginnings and endings, adding new lustre to your playing.
- Frederic Chopin - Tristesse. Bridget Mermikides arranges yet another stunning piece, this time by perhaps the greatest Polish composer of them all.
- Lessons Introduction. Jason introduces the lessons, saying it’s good to view things from different perspectives.
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Pat Heath has six fantastic new licks, from doddle to wobble, and all points in between.
- Blues. Phil Short examines one of the most respected session guitarists turned jazz-blues titan, the simply outstanding, Michael Landau.
- Rock. Martin Cooper gives us a musical overview of one of the UK’s most successful and beloved prog-rock bands, the fabulous Marillion.
- Fundamental Jazz. Jens Larsen of Fundamental Changes shows how using chromaticism and enclosures can add spice, colour and momentum to your solos.
- Brit Rock. Simon Barnard checks out one of the most polarising of Brit rock outfits, The Smiths, with their creative and musical guitarist Johnny Marr.
- Shaun's Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter continues a new series that aims to improve your theory and technnique in rock. This month: chromatic bridging.
- Fretboard fluency. Martin Goulding shows some great ways to solo melodically over the ubiquitous II-V-I in jazz.
- In The Woodshed. Charlie Griffiths brings us his final lesson on the use of the Phrygian Dominant mode.
- Greg Koch. Interview & video lesson. This amazing blues-country-jazz guitarist will have your jaws on the floor with his stunning chops and dastardly humour. Don’t miss this!
Text Format PDF, 85 pages. Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson included.