Guitar Techniques February 2016
Guitar Techniques February 2016 PDF and Mp3 CD download. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques February 2016 (#252) contents:
- Classier Soloing - Larry Carlton & Robben Ford. We reveal the scale and note choices that make these two titans of blues, jazz and fusion styles so compelling to listen to.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tightrope. Jon Bishop transcribes this amazing SRV track. It's full of so many great Texas blues licks and ideas that on its own it could form the basis of a healthy new lickbag. You'll enjoy this one!
- Wacky Scales. We show you 10 of the best. Fancy learning some sick scales to either frighten or impress your mates? Then join Dr Milton Mermikides as he digs out his Top 10.
- Giacomo Puccini - Un Bel Di Vedremo. Bridget Mermikides arranges one of opera's most famous pieces from Madame Butterfly by the wonderful Puccini.
- Blues. Les Davidson gets into the mindset and playing style of great British bluesman Robin Trower.
- Rock. Martin Cooper looks at the op-rock playing of Canadians, Bachman-Turner Overdrive.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter shows you cool new ways of bringing Mixolydian sounds to the blues.
- Chord Camp. Iain Scott looks at how common chords can be built on the sixth, fifth and fourth strings.
- Hard Rock. Charlie Griffiths examines the hard rocking style of Sheffield's finest men of steel: Collen, Campbell and Clarke of Def Leppard.
- Jazz. John Wheatcroft doffs his cap to one of jazz guitar's founding fathers: the great Eddie Lang.
- Acoustic. Stuart Ryan looks at the chords and moving bass line style of the Man In Black and country legend, the late Johnny Cash.
- Music Reading. Charlie Griffiths treats us to a pop-rock reading study in the style of Coldplay or Snow Patrol.
- Video Masterclass. Allen Hinds Part 2. Our resident LA session star and soloist shares more of his playing secrets on a cool track entitled Monkey Swagger.
Text Format PDF, 100 pages. Original CD mp3 Tracks included. Video lesson enclosed.