Guitar Techniques August 2020
Guitar Techniques August 2020 PDF. Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques August 2020 (#311) contents:
- Hybrid Picking. Speed, dynamics & more! Hybrid playing can up your game in many styles. Stuart Ryan has eight mini-workouts and three full pieces to get your fingers flying.
- Fingerpicking. Refine your technique. Bridget Mermikides wants to hone your fingerstyle technique. It’s a classically based lesson but all fingerpickers will benefit from it.
- Anton Bruckner - Locus Iste. This month Bridget arranges a stunningly beautiful choral work by this brilliant Austrian composer, often used for church dedications.
- Lessons Introduction. Jason says how theory, technique and style studies are all equally valid learning options.
30-Minute Lickbag. Pat Heath has six fantastic new licks at easy, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Blues. Phil Short examines the bluesy and feel-laden side of one of the most highly regarded of all guitarists, the one and only David Gilmour.
- Rock. Martin Cooper looks into the glam-rock world of those creators of catchy and musical chart-toppers, Noddy Holder and Dave Hill of Slade.
- Fundamental Jazz. Jens Larsen shows how to make your soloing over the V chord sound jazzy and sophisticated using the Harmonic Minor scale.
- Brit Rock. Simon Barnard checks out Brit rock’s biggest band, and examines the playing styles of Oasis’s Noel Gallagher and Bonehead Arthurs.
- Shaun's Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter continues a new series that aims to improve your rock theory and technique. This month: scale and non-scale enclosures.
- Fretboard Fluency. Martin Goulding shows some great ways to solo using the Half-Whole Diminished scale.
- In The Woodshed. Charlie Griffiths shows how to create a Lydian sound over the I-II/V chord progression.
- Jonathan Long. Interview & Masterclass. He’s a bona fide bluesman from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Jonathon offers us some exciting ideas to spice up our own playing.
Text Format PDF, 85 pages.