Guitar Techniques November 2007
Guitar Techniques November 2007 PDF and Mp3 CD complete issue, cover to cover. Take the UK's foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT's Abba to Zappa policy means that there's always something for everyone! Future Music brings you the most in-depth news and reviews from respected industry professionals. We'll also give you all the advice you need to get the most from your current set-up, and interviews with musicians at the cutting-edge of technology.
Guitar Techniques November 2007 (#145) contents:
- Play Faster Now! Work through the following 30 examples and, says Guthrie Govan, the ideas contained here will improve your speed, fluency and overall playing skill - regardless of the style you play.
- Southern Fried Pickin'. The Allman Brothers Band: Ramblin' Man.
- Johnny Kidd & The Pirates: Shakin' all over. Yo Ho Ho!
- Matt Schofield Special. This Month John Wheatcroft takes a look at a fantastic extended blues improvisation, exclusively provided for GT readers by this month's featured artist, Matt Schofield.
- Slippery When Fret. Hairspray, pinched harmonics and whammy bars - yes folks, it's Bon Jovi this month! Jonny Scaramanga looks at the style of BJ's great guitarist Richie Sambora...
- Monkey Business. In the first lesson of his new indie rock tutorial column, Jon Bishop has a look at the style of those cheeky chartbusters, the fabulous Arctic Monkeys.
- Secrets of Serbia. After a long journey around Eastern Europe in search of great guitar sounds, Tolis Zavaliaris returns to the Balkans for Serbian surprise.
- The Supergrass Style. In the last of her Britrock series, Bridget Mermikides looks at the guitar style of Gaz Coombes from one of the genre's most long-serving and musically uplifting groups, Supergrass.
- Time For Tapping part 1. If our recent Beat it transcription whetted your appetite Shaun Baxter is here to help, with the first in a two-part series devoted to tapping techniques.
- Brett Garsed Masterclass part 2.
- Locrian #2 Scale part 2.
- James Taylor Style. Classic singer-songwriter James Taylor embellishes his acoustic chord progressions and songs with tasteful ornamentations. Stuart Ryan shows us how he does it.
- Tackling A Grade 5 Piece. Can you pass the Sidewinder challenge? Test your sight-reading, technique and feel on Rockschool's Grade 5 piece to find out.
Original CD mp3 Tracks included.
Text Format PDF, 66 pages