Bass Player February 2012
Bass Player February 2012 PDF. Bass Player is a monthly magazine which was founded in 1989. The magazine is dedicated to providing information for bass players. The publication provides equipment reviews, instructional lessons for bass players, interviews with well known and up and coming bass artists, and music just for bass guitar. Tutorials and lessons for bass players in Bass Player Magazine PDF include learning different music styles and songs.
Bursting with the latest news from the bass community, showcasing the ‘great and less-great work’ of a bass star and interviews with bass players. Perfect for beginner and advanced level players, you’ll find helpful lessons in every issue of Bass Player to improve your technique. You’ll also find reviews of the latest gear to upgrade your kit to the best on the market. Bringing you the latest product reviews, news and updates from the bass community, you’ll find everything from genuine rock and jazz to metal and funk bass features.
Bass Player February 2012 contents:
- Christian McBride. With a presence extending from CD to satellite radio, the not-so-elder statesman is rapidly becoming the face - and voice - of jazz bass. Two impressive new McBride discs plumb opposite ends of the sonic spectrum. By Chris Jisi
- John Myung. It’s a new era for one of rock’s most ambitious bands, Dream Theater - and the Berklee-schooled Myung is tackling the challenge with extraordinary discipline.
- COMMUNITY The Real World, Dig My Rig, Court of Opinion
- NEW GEAR Products from EBS, Overwater, Fender & more
- TECH BENCH Recording upright bass
- THE GROOVE YARD Wiped out by drums
- ETHAN FARMER. Sideman to superstars goes solo
- CARLES BENAVENT. Keeping the flamenco fire alive
- MEET YOUR MAKER. Jerzy Drozd of Jerzy Drozd Basses
- BEN KENNEY. Simplifying and maturing with Incubus
- RHONDA SMITH. Furious flash from Prince to Jeff Beck
- CARMINE ROJAS. Modern love for Rod Stewart and Joe Bonamassa
- BP RECOMMENDS. Peter Hook, Lamb Of God, Pink Floyd
- FISHMAN. Fission Bass Powerchord FX
- STOMPBOX SAMPLER. Pedals by Source Audio, Darkglass Electronics, BBE Sound, and T-Rex 56
- FENDER. Bronco 40 modeling amplifier
- ERNIE BALL. Slinky Cobalt bass strings
- JOHN GOLDSBY. Rhythmic subdivisions
- BLUES YOU CAN USE. Do the boogie
- HARMONIC AWARENESS. The sounds of chords, with Damien Erskine
- PAUL SIMON’S “THE BOY IN THE BUBBLE”. Bakithi Kumalo kicks off 1986’s Graceland with a swinging, infectious fretless line on this Afro-pop classic.
Text Format PDF, 92 pages.