Total Guitar September 2008 (#179)
Jan 01 2012
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar September 2008 (#179) contents:
- Clapton is God! TG discovers how Eric Clapton redefined the sound of rock guitar from 1966 to 1976
- Less than Jake – Back, loud and proud, with a record hotter than the Florida sun!
- Brit Spirit – Why the British indie scene in 2008 is better than ever before
- Slipknot – Could comeback record All Hope Is Gone be the last for the 18-legged beast?
- Black Stone Cherry – Hot and heavy riffs are “where it’s at”, say guitarists Ben Wells and Chris Robertson
- Write your Filthiest Riff yet! Inject some filthy, classic rock groove into your riffs
- What I’ve learned: Wes Borland – How he found his new sound
- Rocked & Rated: Ibanez RG420EG SBK; Group Test: Semi-acoustics under 400 pounds; Round-up: Danelectro Cool Cat pedals; Michael Kelly Patriot; Luna Athena Gazelle; Ed’s Shed
- Learn to play sizz new Black Stone Cherry tracks on your TG CD!
- Use your spidey sense and blow away the cobwebs with Ibanez’s RG420EG SBK
- The Fratellis – Mistress Mabel
- Eric Clapton – Cocaine
- Less than Jake – All My Best Friends Are Metalheads
- Def Leppard – Photograph
- Pete & the Pirates – Bright Lights
- Alter Bridge – Buried Alive
- Strum-Along: MR Big – To Be With You
- Novice – Get your fingerpicking up to scratch with the eight-bar blues
- Video lesson: Newton Faulkner – Play bass, melody and percussion, and re-tune on the fly!
- Video lesson: Alex Skolnick – Hunting for hot new licks? Look to the brass players!
- Acoustic 101 – Fingerpicking melodies in standard scale positions
- Mojo Masters – TG’s mojo-packed guide to smokin’ blues lead guitar styles
- Get your Grades – Ace your exams with the help of our Rockschool and RGT columns
Includes original mp3 tracks and videos
Text Format PDF