Total Guitar September 2000 (#74)
Aug 10 2012
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar September 2000 (#74) contents:
- Soundcheck – You’ll find everything in TG’s Soundeheck – singer songwriter Thea Gilmore, one of the brightest hopes on the indie scene Crashland, US superstars Matchbox Twenty, A Perfect Circle – purveyors of the best rock album this year, intelligent college rockers Wheat, punksters Sona Fariq and rock veterans The Catherine Wheel! Have we got ’em all or what?
- Billy Bragg – Forget the politics for a moment, there’s far more to Mr Bragg, not least his guitar playing. He spills the beans to TG
- Slayer – They’re possibly the fastest guitar slingers in the West. Thrash metal founding fathers Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman tell it like it is
- Classic track – Led Zeppelin’s black dog. Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes. Permission granted!
- Acoustic – Neil Young. A double-whammy of the Canadian’s softer side. We transcribe Harvest and Harvest Moon
- Movie theme – Mission: Impossible 2. The TG team just can’t get enough of Tom Cruise… so here’s the tab for Metallica’s I Disappear
- Blues – Eric & BB King. EC and BB teamed up, so we just had to celebrate
- Backing track – Jimi Hendrix. No, it’s not Little Wing, rather Big Fin, TG’s homage to the guitar-burning one
- Novice – Drop D Tuning. Play around with your tuning and life will never be the same again… honestly
- Songsheet – Macy Gray. I Try, really I do. So learn the song…
- Rock – Modern rock pentatonics. All the greats use them, now so can you!
- Peavey Predator HB. Bargain SuperStrat. We love it!
- Line 6 POD PRO. It’s a POD in a rack. But is it any good?
- Gretsch electromatic sparkle Jet. A Gretsch for 350 pounds? You’d better believe it
- Crafter D8. A dreadnought for 189 pounds, is it all it’s cracked up to be?
Includes original mp3 tracks
Text Format PDF, 76 pages